Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #1
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:
Question So where do you keep all the fluff?

I am STILL preparing for the babe (and will be for a while) and was wondering where and how you keep things stored. I am not getting a changing table this time around (NEVER used it with the other 2). The baby will be sharing a room with dd#1 but not to sleep (we co sleep). Also, how do your orginaze everything? I need some space saving ideas ladies!!

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
baconbitz
Registered Users

Re: So where do you keep all the fluff?

I keep all the prefolds on a diaper stacker attached to the crib. I have a drawer in a cabinet downstairs that I keep all the covers, contours, fleece liners, pockets, and enough prefolds to make it through the day. I have a basket in my downstairs half-bath in which I keep cloth wipes (dry) and snappis. My "diaper pail" is in there. My diaper pail is a lidded wicker laundry hamper with a wet bag inside of it. I just change my boy on the family room floor.
baconbitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:03 AM   #3
mama23boys
Banned
seller

we also dont have a changing table so i bought a big plastic bucket (rubbermaid) that i can carry room to room. my wipes go into an old wipes container adn when i need one i just get it wet under the tap. since we have a lot of closet space/shelves i keep his clothes in there. dirty dipes go into a hanging bag in the laudry room.

Last edited by mama23boys; 04-27-2006 at 10:05 AM.
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:04 AM   #4
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have all of mine stacked on the bottom shelf of the changing table. I don't actually use the table to change her since she is so big now, but it makes a great storage place!

I tried keeping them in cute baskets, but DD liked to pull them out of the baskets and have them strewn everywhere!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:33 AM   #5
Getz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a dresser from Ikea for the diapers. I use a changing table and keep baskets for my wipes and covers.

I just started using prefolds and have those in a laundry basket on the floor. I have no idea where I am going to put those...
Old 04-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #6
4boys4me
Registered Users

Hahaha, do ya really want to know? I have all thiers on the back of the couch,lol.. It is just easiest to reach and grab and slap it on thier bums,lol.. I have a drawer in a dresser dedictated to the the things we dont use as often, lol..
Old 04-27-2006, 10:55 AM   #7
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

It changed a bit re the dipes as I've sold many and added more self made ones, but that's where I keep them:

Pockets have their own 'department', as do the fitteds, etc.
In the baskets I've got all micro inserts and towels, all wool soaker, shorties etc., the next is w/doublers etc.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:12 AM   #8
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

I have a nylon(I think) tote that has 2 sides. I got it at Walmart, it folds up real small and even when filled it fits between the front seats in the van.\
Most are in the wash, fitteds on the left, pockets and aios on the right

\
I keep it in the living room right next to a bookshelf

Accesories go in a little basket I keep on a shelf above
Old 04-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #9
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

dd has a hutch over her dresser in her room, I stack everything up on that. But with ds, I changed him in the living room all the time so I just threw everything into a laundry basket and kept it by the couches. worked great!
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #10
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have one of those 4- shelf plastic things from Walmart that works very well for us. It's as tall as our changing table and holds everything! First small drawer- wipes, liners, snappis; second small drawer, pfs, doublers, inserts; first big drawer- fitteds and pockets; bottom big drawer, my one- size ME dipes and covers. We will probably grow out of it soon but it works great for now.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote