Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
New to babywearing w/ ?

Okay, I had twins and mostly carried them in a padded laundry basket on my hip for ~9mnths. This time we're adopting internationally and I'd like to try something a little more traditional. So for wearing a ~6 mnth old all day (when I'm not used to carrying anything anymore), what would you all choose. And since my baby probably won't like me all that much at first, I'd kinda like something where I could have them facing towards or away from me. That way the baby could kinda take a little break from me when necessary. Any ideas? Thanks!

littlewigglebutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: New to babywearing w/ ?

i would suggest a mai tai, you can wear them close to you, or out (i think the Kozy website has some info on that) and distributes their weight better over your whole body, and easy to use. Either that or a pouch, they are fast and very popable and versatile. HTH
Melissa<- Mama to my 4 gifts from God-Mr. Z (10), Miss K (7), Miss A (5) and Miss R (2)
Knitting Patterns For Sale and Free Download
I sell Jamberry!!!! Order yours today
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:29 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: New to babywearing w/ ?

Congratulations on your new addition! Ditto the mei tai. It's not very comfortable with the baby facing out, but it can be done. However, it's very comfy with your LO on your back and then she won't have to look right at your face but you two can still bond. It's also known as the gateway carrier for DH's lol.
Mama of 4
calapitters is offline   Reply With Quote