Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My thread was locked about the pop ups

but I cannot access the link that Lee put into it before he locked it (why did he lock it?????)

This is what I get

vBulletin Message
Shaysbabygirls, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

so, at least I should have been able to respond that I can't access that link, but found the thread to be locked like I did something wrong...

Advertisement

Old 07-07-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My thread was locked about the pop ups

I know! The link doesn't work and the thread is locked.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

I can't access the link either and I'd like to read that main thread Lee posted as well. I get that same (basically) *access denied* post.

So is there some place else that IS accessible?
Old 07-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #4
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 07-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I reported this so an admin can look into it for you
Old 07-07-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
hackermd
Registered Users
seller

thank you for posting again... I was like wth! locked...and still no answers... hrm.

whomp whomp whomp.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #7
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last night at 9:30 PM Lee responded to my PM with this answer...

My bad, I guess the thread had been deleted or moved elsewhere (out of public view). Sorry for the confusion.

Lee

still doesn't explain WHY it is that I get pop ups now when I come to the site, which hasn't ever happened before, or 2 why my thread was locked when I asked about it and he pointed to a link that didn't work.

this is really upsetting, because I have told quite a few people about DS. guess I'll have to point them towards other places, because pop ups are something I'm not thrilled with, and if I didn't already "know" this board, and have been a part of it since BEFORE the switch to the "new" board a long time ago, I would not visit because of the fact that I have to dodge pop ups through my pop up blockers. Even through my firefox with the ABP added...

and still, I didn't get an answer to my question... Does MamaJo do anything with the site anymore, or was it sold to Lee? I MISS MAMAJO running the site! sigh...
Old 07-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #8
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
I reported this so an admin can look into it for you

Thank you, sally!

ETA: it's not the fact that there ARE ads on the board, it's the fact that if I ask a simple question, i get sent a link to a thread that doesn't work THEN the thread gets locked, then I send a PM hoping to get answers, and get nothing but a 'my bad' and then, STILL no answers as to why this board is suddenly having problems with ads, pop ups that bypass pop up blockers and downtime. I know that boards go down, no biggie. BUT I think that the way that there are NO answers, people are being ignored when they do ask questions or told to be quiet (in no uncertain terms...locking, erasing posts, etc) is something that I've not ever seen on this board until Lee was brought on. All I wanted to know is why I was getting pop ups, and now, it seems like there's something SO MUCH MORE than just pop ups going on, since no one will answer me (and I'm not talking mods, because they probably don't really know the answer. That's why I PM'd Lee, since he was the one who gave me the non working link, and then locked my thread...FOR NO REASON... and the only answer I got out of all if it was "my bad")

Last edited by Shaysbabygirls; 07-08-2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 07-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
tatertots
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was going to ask the same question. But yeah like PP said it is funny how the threads that ask even the most simple of questions seem to get locked and then deleted. I don't get it! Why can't the questions get answered?
Pamela SAHM to Eli 5 and Chloe 2 and a very proud AF WIFE! Expecting #3 in October
Old 07-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #10
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
I was going to ask the same question. But yeah like PP said it is funny how the threads that ask even the most simple of questions seem to get locked and then deleted. I don't get it! Why can't the questions get answered?
ITA!

Closed Thread