Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: My thread was locked about the pop ups

i am not sure mamas
i don't see any pop ups but i believe it is my firewall i use, everythign is blocked so nothing at all shows up, i dont even see ads here..

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #12
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Ok, so here's my question... Lee responded to the thread... but he "guesses" that the thread had been moved or deleted? I may be mistaken, but don't the mods and admin have access to "see" what's been moved, where, when and by whom?

I'm not trying to start anything, but I don't want this board to turn into something that the admin will eventually tell us "Pay $xx.xx for the ads to stop." type communistic attitude. kwim? My family is in serious need of making a little extra money right now and this is the only place I have that I've built up a good rep (I've been here nearly two years) that I can confidently sell things at a good price to good mama's. kwim? We shouldn't have to slog through pop ups, **** ads, etc just to get to a what is normally considered (at least assumed) a family friendly environment.

Thanks for all the hard work that goes into running this board. And that goes to all the hard work the mods/admin put in to this place. But I think we are entitled to a little more than "guesses". WE are the ones that make this community so I believe our thoughts and opinions need to be respected more than just "my bad". I'd seriously like to know why Lee locked the original thread and then knowingly put a link to a dead thread on the post because as admin, he can see the status of that particular thread.

Just my Thanks. I'm going back to trying to sell some of my stuff so we can pay one of our bills this month.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #13
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
i am not sure mamas
i don't see any pop ups but i believe it is my firewall i use, everythign is blocked so nothing at all shows up, i dont even see ads here..
I got them when I had logged out of DS and when I'd come back to log back in. I got tons of them and I use a firewall, firefox, etc. The only ads I see are at the bottom and some of them are questionable, which they've already been addressed to the admin at least once.

So I I'm just curious as to the quick "non-answer-answers" Lee's given. I'm seriously not trying to pick a fight, but just curious.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #14
tatertots
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with you 100% I don't think he should just give an answer that he guesses on. I am sure he knows dam well why it was deleted. It seems that any thread asking questions about this place gets deleted before more people ask questions.
Doesn't he know that this is how a lot of us get mad and not want to come back here? I think with him being the new owner of the site that he should have a LOT of respect for all of us mamas here, and clearly there is none.
Why should any of us respect him if he can not do the same for us.
Honestly that is why I started going over to Diaper Traders now, it is run by a mama and there are no annoying pop ups, everyone is free to talk how they want to. There is not a lot of drama over there, and the most important thing is you actually get listened to over there!!!!!! If you ask a question it gets answered with real answers, not something my 5 year old can think of.
I get treaded like an adult and that is what I like since that is what I am!
EVERYONE SHOULD GIVE IT A TRY OVER THERE. YOU MAY END UP LIKING IT!!!!!!!!
Pamela SAHM to Eli 5 and Chloe 2 and a very proud AF WIFE! Expecting #3 in October
Old 07-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #15
felix23
Registered Users

I told a friend to visit this site to find out more about cd, and she got hit with so many pop-ups that she said she didn't even want to bother. And I still have trouble with them before I can even log on. We have a pop-up blocker, but I still get the ads.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #16
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix23 View Post
I told a friend to visit this site to find out more about cd, and she got hit with so many pop-ups that she said she didn't even want to bother. And I still have trouble with them before I can even log on. We have a pop-up blocker, but I still get the ads.
Personally, if I visited a forum plagued w/popups, I would ignore it and not even join.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #17
felix23
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynmama View Post
Personally, if I visited a forum plagued w/popups, I would ignore it and not even join.

That was my friends opinion also. She is visiting another diapering board. I don't have any problems with pop-ups after I sign in, it is just while I'm trying to sign in.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:47 PM   #18
Mom2TJ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why are some people getting hit with so many pop-ups? Thankfully, I'm not seeing many, but I feel bad for those who are!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #19
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2TJ View Post
Why are some people getting hit with so many pop-ups? Thankfully, I'm not seeing many, but I feel bad for those who are!
I'm not getting any, I have a google toolbar. But, I agree. I feel bad for those that do get them.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #20
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

The pop up (as far as I know) only appears when you are NOT logged in and you go to www.diaperswappers.com

My solution? Come straight into the forums http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/ and dont even hit that first page. I have the forums page bookmarked and never go to the main page.

I hadn't seen the pop up until I went looking for it.
Closed Thread