Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2007, 05:20 AM   #21
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:
Re: My thread was locked about the pop ups

going to the forum page didnt work for me i just got a tribal fusion pop up for Red Robin Burgers while reading your suggestion samantha i cant read a page without a popup and i have google pop up blocker and some other adblocker up..

Advertisement

Old 07-09-2007, 05:39 AM   #22
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't get popups on two of my computers but I do (every time...even when I'm logged in) on the third. I'm pretty sure it's DS though because I don't have any problems with any other sites.

As for why the post was locked, I saw it the day it was posted and there were two or three threads started within just a few minutes of each other that were basically identical. So when I saw that two of them were locked with a redirect to the other one, I figured the mods/admins just didn't want to be saying the same thing three times. I clicked on the link that day and it worked. In the thread you were redirected to, Lee explained that if you come to DS without being logged in, you see a lot more ads (including some popunders) and a message that says something along the lines of "Register as a member and see fewer ads". He said that he did that in order to minimize the number of ads that members see while still maximizing the number of "views" for the advertisers. I haven't tried to go back to that thread since then so I have no idea why it would have been moved or deleted. Hope this helps...
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:39 AM   #23
jenneonthespot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to let the powers that be know that I am looking for the answers too. I don't have a problem with pop-ups, but have another un-resolved issue in another thread......

Old 07-09-2007, 06:47 AM   #24
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yea, I'm always logged in and come straight to the forums, and I still get pop ups.

When I started my "first" thread on the subject, it was after I read the only other one, started 2 days earlier than when I started mine, and Lee locked that one, and directed us to a "dead" link, I started my own. I don't see several threads started on it at the same time, just that one from 2 days before..

and, it isn't very hard for Lee to just TELL me what is going on, but instead, he sends everyone to a dead link, and then when I even took it off board and PM'd for answers, the only response was "oh, my bad" with no answers. I didn't see the other thread, so I had no idea what was going on until you just said, but that still doesn't seem plausible, because I've been a registered member of DS for almost 2 years, and I haven't ever gotten treated this way, gotten pop ups, or had any problems with ds at all. I am always logged in, and I come straight to the forums, so that doesn't seem to be a solution for me....

and, I see he answered in a post BELOW, but has yet to actually answer me...or us, because I know there are more people having this problem. A lot of people who have been here for a LONG time, too...
Old 07-09-2007, 07:55 AM   #25
Bronte
Registered

My Mood:

I'm new here and have a great popup blocker but I still got one with Anna Kornikova (sp?) with he butt in the air and in a bikini. It would be great if popups like this don't show on a parenting board. I was logged in at the time. I'm sure the moderators will take care of it as soon as they can. This is a big board!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #26
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

As I have said before, these ads are only shown to guests and I will work to get these undesirable ads removed. In order to do that I need you guys to take screenshots of these ads so I can report them. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #27
tatertots
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
As I have said before, these ads are only shown to guests and I will work to get these undesirable ads removed. In order to do that I need you guys to take screenshots of these ads so I can report them. Thanks!

I have been a member (not a guest) for years now but I still get these pop ups. I will get a screen shot next time I see one.
Being a guest is not the problem though, it is members that are seeing them!
Pamela SAHM to Eli 5 and Chloe 2 and a very proud AF WIFE! Expecting #3 in October

Last edited by tatertots; 07-09-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #28
my2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

I have pop up blockers on my computer and this is the ONLY site I go to that I get bombarded with them and it is getting annoying. Every other site I get a mini screen that comes up letting me know that all the pop ups have been blocked for my safety. Ive been finding myself coming here less and less.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #29
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yea, and I still don't have an answer...
Old 07-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #30
Shaysbabygirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

and, hmmm, is it because I questioned something that my post count dropped DRAMATICALLY!?!?!?!

It was near 2,000....

now, 699
Closed Thread