View Poll Results: Size up or go BG OS?
Size up to medium FBs & HHs 14 33.33%
Go with BG OS 23 54.76%
Try something else (do tell...) 5 11.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
lillyfire
Registered Users
seller

Do BG OS really last until potty training?

My 5 month-old son has a few BG OS 1.0 and I have a few 2.0s on the way. When I double stuff for nighttime I have to adjust the rise to completely unsnapped. The rest of the time I have them on the middle setting. Here's the thing, he's only 5 months old. He's a little big for his age, but still. I'm concerned suddenly that these won't fit him all the way until potty training. Plus, I keep hearing about wiley toddlers pulling them off because of the velcro. It's time for me to size up from small dipes to mediums, but I was thinking of just going all BG so I won't have to size up to larges eventually. What do you all think? Go BG or go to medium FBs and HHs (which both fit great btw.)

Thanks!
Marie

Advertisement

lillyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #2
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do BG OS really last until potty training?

My son is tall and bigger than alot of kids his age. I used them from about 4 months to about 14 months? that's a long time though. I only started on the medium setting. I'm sure they would have worked on the small when he was smaller. That being said, they are good, IMO, but I needed bigger diapers -the rise was fine but if he moved the right way, the applix came undone.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
mama_times5
Registered Users
Formerly: mama_times4
seller

My Mood:

I love variety myself. So I'd say some of each! But for what it's worth, my 14mo old also used the larger rise early on. Still fitting great now though. He really packed on the weight for the first six months and since then he's really grown more length-wise than anything.

BG certainly don't fit all babies till potty training, but my four yr old is just outgrowing ours.

None of my babies/toddlers have taken diapers off except a few times while in the bed w/o pants. A onesie or bottoms for bedtime took care of that problem.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #4
3girlymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ya know...I started with FBs. When I went from the smalls to the mediums, the leg change was so drastic on the dipe. The mediums were useless for us with a 1" gap at the leg.

I don't like BG's just due to the aplix issue...and that suedecloth (ick)!

I opted for ME AIO. They offer a great fit. You can lay in a liner with no probs.

And honestly, the ME dipes are the ONLY AIO dipe I've had that can take a beating and last YEARS and still not be leaky, have working snaps and elastic. The others...they would never last that long, and they don't.

Getting synthetics off the bum is also an issue with me. Did ya know that lots of fleeces are made from recycled plastic bottles? Who wants a plastic bottle/chemicals on your babes bum? Perhaps I'm just a bit too green...and growing more green.
3girlymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #5
hodgen14
Registered Users

My Mood:

I haven't tried BG..but I've had great results from Med FB's. I have a 9 month old 24 pounder and a 26 month old that 33 tall and 33 pounds. I'm pretty sure I won't need to up the size for either..the M will fit both my kids until potty trained. I've only tried the M though..I started CD when my youngest was 6 months..and althought the M fit wasn't as snug as I would have liked, I didn't have any leaks and it wasn't very long he was able to wear them just as snug as my 2 yr old daughter. My littlest one has chunky legs which probably helped. But I've had great luck with FB's (had to sell most of my HH's because of the velcro). FB's are my vote!
hodgen14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #6
stjarks
Registered Users

My Mood:

My 4 year old can still wear one.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #7
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:

well the aplix on ours is becoming really horribly fuzzy, so I don't see how they will hold up until she's p'learned....but they do fit my four year old so who knows?

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:04 PM   #8
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My stash is BG OS and MEOS with wool. I always make sure to keep a snap bottom shirt on with the BG OS so as not to tempt DS with the velcro. He already loves to play with the snaps while I am dressing him...
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #9
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

these fit my 6wk old and currently fit my 2yo...i haven't tried them on my 4yo, but him & my 2yo can still fit in the same sposies and their meas are only 1" apart

10% off code for Oliver's Labels, perfect for back to school! use code KBPG0808
rainbowbrite812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #10
colecaitlinchase
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is 18.5 months and I have both medium FB and BG OS. I love the FB more they leak less and he can't take them off. I have to have the BG all the way unsnapped and he takes them off if I don't put shorts on him.

Please remember to leave feedback!
colecaitlinchase is offline   Reply With Quote