Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2006, 05:57 AM   #11
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Membrane Scrape

Sounds positive Amanda!

Sweeping membranes irritates the area and can get contractions going. Whether they stay going or not depends upon if your baby is ready to come out to greet the world. I've had it done and it worked for one but not the other.

But the best of luck to you and I cannot wait to meet you and your new baby after our move!

Oh, remember to RELAX RELAX RELAX! It will NOT be as painful or as long if you can maintain relaxing! I cannot stress that out enough! It will go faster and easier if you can just relax and let your body do the work, do not work against your body by tensing up.

Advertisement

Old 06-29-2006, 06:38 AM   #12
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkweight
I think its just really really early labor, maybe just some dialation. So i would stay hydrated. Walk alot but dont get fatigued. Sit on a birth ball, from what ive learned this helps open the pelvis a bit. Try some relaxtion methods and dont get overly anious, if they peter out dont worry, your body is just getting ready.
So, it sounds like this is a good start. Way to go! Have you tried evening primrose oil? Also, be sure to drink up some red raspberry leaf tea. Very nourishing to the placenta and uterus. It will be so beneficial for you and labor.

HTH
I agree with every word this person says. These were the same things I was going to suggest to you as I read your first post.
Just try varying your activities a bit. Take a shower, eat, walk, lay on your side...if the discomfort doesn't subside, and certainly if it becomes more notable and has any pattern to it, you can probably consider them contractions.
But, I agree that it would be very difficult to time them if there is no clear beginning or ending point. I've been having contractions all this week that are just like you describe, and its impossible to pinpoint their climax or their length.
But, let's hope that the sweeping of the membranes did a little something for you and you will soon be in genuine labor and preparing to bring your baby into the world.

Best of luck to you!
Old 06-29-2006, 06:39 AM   #13
momof4
Registered Users
seller

Don't worry; these babies all come out sooner or later. Most women definitely know that they're in labor when it happens, though a few have just a few "menstrual cramps," then, out pops baby. Me, I tend to have long, slow labors; I hope yours will go easily.

It doesn't matter whether it's "officially" labor or not, anyway. Every bit, whether a part of a strong labor, or an easier "prelabor" feeling" is part of the process.

Do you really get a lot of people assuming you're miserable? I get asked, "Are you still here?" a lot, but nobody's saying "you poor thing." Must be a regional thing...

I'm glad to have your "company" here. All my DDB's on the other board I spend time at have had their babies -- either induction or c/s. I'm holding out for the natural way as long as I can.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:52 AM   #14
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know the feeling of everyone watching you and waiting. DH was the WORST the day he was due he asked me like every 5 min if I was having a contraction and how I felt. I should not have taken him with me to the MW appt where she told me I was 3 could streatch me to 4 and 100% effaced and she would be surpriesed if I made it until that evening (that was 5 days before he was born). However, I did at that point start taking the cohosh per her instructions, and doing nipple stimulation with a pump, however baby still wasn't ready...no matter how much I was. Hope the membrane stripping works for you, and you start having regular contractions very soon!
Old 06-29-2006, 07:13 AM   #15
tng_mama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkweight
Also, be sure to drink up some red raspberry leaf tea. Very nourishing to the placenta and uterus. It will be so beneficial for you and labor.

HTH
Worked for me! AND the tea made an easier labor and birth too.. Relax in the tub with some tea.

Good Luck!!!

~*~*~*~Easy labor dust coming your way!~*~*~*~*
Old 06-29-2006, 07:38 AM   #16
Sarah0903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck!! I hope it happens soon
Old 06-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #17
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i didn't read all the other posts. just wanted to say...with my second ds i didn't even have an ctx showing up on monitors and was having them...not a whole lot of pain, more so just discomfort in my lower back and some menstrual like cramping. you very well could be in labor. just go with your gut mama! happy baby delivering!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:53 AM   #18
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hmmmm we haven't heard from her since the early morning hours have we??
Old 06-29-2006, 12:10 PM   #19
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm here! I'm here... the pains are still here also. I landed up staying up most of the night because of Sam's mega-hard kneeing. To add along to the pains down below every now and again my belly will feel hard as a rock. I mean HARD. It's weird.. but I"m hoping that that may also be a mild contraction. It doesn't hurt, so I don't really notice it.. but there's a definate difference inbetween "mushy belly" and "rock hard belly" (I always wanted a rock hard belly... not like this though )

You mamas are so reassuring. It's hard when things arn't "textbook" with labor... so, really, really... thank you so much for your stories and well-wishes!

Edited to add: I just got back from DH's work--they gave him/me/Sam a surprise baby shower (nothing better than a baby shower in an embrodriary factory... ) today at lunch. They said they'd been planning it for a good week and HOPING that Sam wouldn't come early... so, I shook my fist at them and told them THAT's why Sam hasn't come yet!! Now he has no other social engagements... other than birth--whoohoooo!

Last edited by Manna00; 06-29-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:40 PM   #20
sparkygirl74
Registered Users
seller
seller

Rock hard belly = CONTRACTION!

I hope we don't hear from you for a few days because you are having that baby!