Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #1
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Toddler pfs or toddler snappi

I find that lately its been difficult to get a snappi on my dd. I cant seem to get the ends any further around her little tubby and I'm finding it hard to stretch the snappi enough and fearing it will break. Shes in premiums and I thought they would fit a little longer. She's 16 mos, 23 lbs. Here is a pic of what I mean:

See how the snappi is stretched to the max?
This doesn't happen with all of our pfs, I have a few random embellished ones that seem to be a little wider. The one in the pic is a LL chinese one.
So is it time for toddler pfs or a toddler snappi? How big is the size difference? I don't really want them to look too bulky. What about the snappi--does anyone have a pic comparing the two by any chance?

BTW, I do use pins, which makes it easier, but dh is pin-challenged...

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
Sirion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Toddler pfs or toddler snappi

I'm going to be ordering a toddler snappi any day now because I am in the exact same boat that you are in! Personally, I go for the pins, but DH does prefer the snappi. So I wish I could help more, but I think I'll just have to go for it and place the order!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Hey Micaela! I can't believe you're about to have another one!

Anyhoo, I get off topic really easily.

If you pull the front of the pf out to the sides so you have wings in front like you do in back, it'll make it easier to snappi and pin. I thought Logan needed toddler pf's but just bought premiums and they fit so much better. He was actually in an infant pf last night and it fit great, very trim. Logan was 27lbs at his 15 month, and will be 17 months tomorrow. He's got an 18 inch waist and the premiums fit great. I'd experiment with folding and bringing the wings around.
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrk View Post
Hey Micaela! I can't believe you're about to have another one!

Anyhoo, I get off topic really easily.

If you pull the front of the pf out to the sides so you have wings in front like you do in back, it'll make it easier to snappi and pin. I thought Logan needed toddler pf's but just bought premiums and they fit so much better. He was actually in an infant pf last night and it fit great, very trim. Logan was 27lbs at his 15 month, and will be 17 months tomorrow. He's got an 18 inch waist and the premiums fit great. I'd experiment with folding and bringing the wings around.
I can't believe he's already 27 lbs. So hard to believe they're so big already, huh?
I do find that when I do the bikini twist its easier because the flaps come out all the way. But I like to the the angel fold occasionally to get all the absorbancy in the front middle. I find that if I try to spread it, it then becomes too bulky and the poor thing can barely walk, kwim.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:19 PM   #5
mansmom
Registered Users
seller

I had exactly the same problem with my 2.5 yo ds...he would complain that the pf was "too tight"...I purchased the toddler snappis and they ROCK!!! no more problems AT ALL and easy changes again. I just measured my toddler snappi vs a regular size snappi (that I hadn't stretched out yet) and get an inch more on the toddler snappi...which was exactly what we needed.

HTH

Joy
mansmom is offline   Reply With Quote