Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
odenata
Registered Users
seller

Please! Encourage me.

So, I've been CDing dd since she was born. (She is 2 now.) We recently moved across the country, and for the last month I've been using disposables (for the move, etc.). I switched back to cloth once we get here, but I just feel no motivation to keep it up. I have a huge stash, and I'm sick and tired of it. It's been nice not worrying about washing wool and I think I am a better mom when I'm not worrying about her outfits getting dirty.

Help mamas! Do you think simplifying would help? I was thinking of trying out gdiaper covers with prefolds. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

odenata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:44 AM   #2
Momx3MD
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please! Encourage me.

i say give the Gdiapers and prefolds a try..and start thining and selling
Momx3MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:50 AM   #3
2sunshines
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Simplification can be a good thing.

I actually just switched to prefolds and prowraps. It's so nice to not have to worry about her diaper getting dirty on the outside from whatever we're doing. With prowraps, I just don't care like I did when she was in more expensive nicer dipes.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:

I think thinning out and using what you know will get used, and what you won't have to worry about getting dirty would work.

Im in the same rut, only we didn't move. Im just sick of having to worry if her outfits are getting dirty!

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
ocanfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used prefolds and wool most of the fall and winter and then when spring came...it seemed her wool was constantly getting dirty...if not dirty, she had pine needles, grass, playground chips, etc...attached to her bottom and it was driving me crazy! I used gdiapers and infant prefolds and loved them. They worked very well for us and it was a nice switch.. Then she refused to let us change her and started to use the potty...so I sold them off, otherwise I'd offer them to you! Good luck! I definitely can relate to what you are going through. I feel awful about using disposables sometimes...but sometimes it helps me in some situations...I think even going back to cloth parttime counts!!

Polliwogs Recycled Wool Slippers
ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #6
odenata
Registered Users
seller

Thanks, everyone. I think I will definitely give the prefolds a shot. Hopefully she will potty learn soon and I won't have to worry about diapers anymore!

Look for a very big stash sale soon!
odenata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #7
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Simplifying works wonders for me. One of my least favorite, most discouraged stints with cloth diapering was when my stash had gotten crazy out of control huge. It's like it was fun collecting it all, but the new wore off quickly and it was a mess. It got to where it was super confusing for anyone but me to care for or change the diapers, because nobody knew what soaker went with which dipe, which ones could be washed on hot and thrown in the dryer, which covers worked with which dipes, etc, etc, you get the picture, and organizing it was a nightmare. I'm an organizing freak, so it wasn't a good match. Now I'm all about simple, and I love it! Right now our stash for 2 kids consists of about 2 dozen fitteds all of which fit both girls, 8-10 covers all of which fit both girls, and a few wool soakers/covers for when we need some breathability. I try to reserve the wool for only that, so I'm not washing it all the time. If a diaper can't be washed/tumbled dry on hot, it's out of here. No air drying or worries about stains. Everything is easy to use and durable, and it's in nice neat stacks without clutter everywhere. I'm loving it!

ETA.. I also keep a stack of a dozen prefolds out too. I usually grab for those, and the older girls and dh use the fitteds.:-)

Last edited by shreck; 07-13-2007 at 12:55 PM.
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #8
TheMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did the same when we moved and then had no washer for 3 weeks, it took me 3 months to get caught up on laundry and I was so sick of washin dipes for 3 years, well 7th Gen dipes are expensive so I bought some Pampers and he started getting a rash on his butt at the elastics, not all the time but often. It took me forever to figure it out but I started using cloth during the day to save $$ and sposies at night and the rash got worse in the am. I stopped using the sposies and the rash went away. I felt like the worst mom ever!
We use fleece pockets and it so easy! They dry quick and there are no rashes, they are super breathable and I like to touch them :P
I think if you thin out your stash and maybe switch to some AIO or pockets, you'll get going again, it took me a few weeks to be like bye bye sposies but I am so much happier now and so if my son! I put a sposie on him yesterday when we went out and when I took it off, he was scratching at his butt again...
Good luck you can do it, it is for the best!