Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
mjhavin
Registered Users
seller

Help! Need MEOS, BG, WW experts!

Okay, being pregnant, having lots of time on my hands, (I was a teacher until I decided to stay at home to wait for Lizzy in late Oct.) and having a credit card is really getting to me! I am spending so much time and energy trying to figure out the "magic stash" that will:
a) fit my newborn
b) fit her when she gets past 20 lbs
c) save me from having to buy more after she is born
d) not cost a fortune
e) be somewhat easy for my DH and MIL

Basically everything that every other pregnant CDer wants! So, having read way too much online, I'm trying to go with a couple OS pockets (for outings and nighttime) and OS fitteds with OS or 2 size covers. I also have some infant CPFs with Bummi and Prorap NB/S covers until the OS will fit. I want about 6-7 pockets OS for outings and my DH/family.
Questions:
Motherease OS: does it fit newborns.... is it absorbant (with liner, which I have)
Motherease Sandys: I've heard mixed reviews...does it fit newborns better than OS? Is it absorbant? (does it require more than one doubler?)
Bellabottoms: (heard great things about these) do they fit newborns? Do they fit baby once she grows?
Wonderwraps: Do these fit bigger newborns? Do work well for the rest of the baby's diapering life? (I REALLY want these to work for my MEOS/Sandys after Bummi/Prorap smalls wear out!)
BumGenius: Are these really that easy that they're better than premium prefolds and covers to make up for cost difference? Are they better/worse than Haute Pockets?

So, with these will I achieve my end goal being to save money and time by not having to buy diff. sizes of covers and prefolds? (which seems more expensive, time consuming and headachey later on)

I appreciate any and all advice....even if you can just answer one of my questions it will make a big difference!

Thanks!

Advertisement

mjhavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! Need MEOS, BG, WW experts!

I have MEOS and I do not think they'd fit a newborn. I think they're good for the medium setting and the standard large setting but not for a newborn - however, since you get two sizes I think they are good- also, FWIW, my 31 lb 18 month old (95% hight and weight) still has alot of growing room in his MEOS. I also think Sandys smalls wll fit for a long time, but you'd need XS for anewborn- the smalls aren't all that small. BSWW work well over both my SAndys and MEOS and I have no exp w/ Wonderwraps.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
whiterabbit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried to use MEOS on my newborn and it was too bulky for him. The XS Sandies were much better to use on him until he got to be about 8-9 pounds.

I tried a Wonderwrap but it didn't really work for me. The Bummis were the best cover for us.

I love ducks and bunnies. Especially bunnies.
whiterabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
LushyLu
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on the upcoming babe!

I decided to keep my stash pretty simple for my newborn/infant. I used a dozen unbleached Indian prefolds with some Proraps while he was a newborn. At 8.5lbs, he was able to fit comfortably into the MEOS dipes, (which I have 2 dozen of). I just used the smallest setting, even with the liner/insert, I was able to fold it down in front so it fit him snugly.

Beware though, your little one will have MAJOR fluffy butt!!
LushyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #5
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love wonder wraps, but I didn't use them on my daugher until she was about 12 lbs. After buying 3 different sizes of prowraps (preemie, newborn and small) in about 3 months I decided to get wonder wraps so I wouldn't have to keep getting the next size up. I would say you might want to get just one and try it and see if you like it. MOst people probably either like them alot or don't like them at all. (I keep buying up the like new ones that people didn't like). They say that they fit 9lbs and up and that is probaby pretty true, and you might need something smaller for the first few weeks, but that all depends on the size of your newborn.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
jenn_carney
Registered Users
seller

I have some BG 1.0 one-size pockets, and I do not like them at all. They just never stay fastened on my kid (who was about a size medium when we first started using them). The hook and loop always always comes undone. So I would not recommend them.
Jennifer
jenn_carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #7
mich1218
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn_carney View Post
I have some BG 1.0 one-size pockets, and I do not like them at all. They just never stay fastened on my kid (who was about a size medium when we first started using them). The hook and loop always always comes undone. So I would not recommend them.
Jennifer
I only have the 2.0, but don't seem to have that problem. Maybe the new ones stay put better.
Snooty Booty Diapers-Code "swapper" for free shipping-Knickernappies, Softbums, Booroi, Bum Genius, GroBaby, Bottombumpers, Tiny Tush, Thirsties, Mommy's Touch & more!Cloth Diapers Made Simple blog-info,giveaways, reviews
mich1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #8
emcap
Registered Users

My Mood:

Gotta love BG 2.0! been using them since LO was 2.5 weeks and they have fit great the whole time. He was 7lb 7 oz at birth. I have prefolds now that I really enjoy, but I would definitely recommend the BG 2.0 for outtings.
Good luck!
emcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #9
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use bG! OS and have been putting them on my little man since he was 5 days old. We love them here.

We also use pf's and love those as well. I guess I am not much help in deciding between the 2, I think both are great to have in your stash

ETA: He was 7lbs 8oz at birth.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!

Last edited by kannondicarpo; 07-13-2007 at 03:22 PM.
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #10
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

BG's are great but stuffing pockets gets annoying- you have to be more careful about the washing and if you have big kids- they will grow out of them by the time they are 18 months- and to boot you will need something else for night as they get older if they are really heavy wetters

soooo

I LOVE MOTHEREASE!!!!!!!!

My OS's fit great from the start (7p 11 o) I will say thought that if you buy them new they seem HUGE but I quickly learned that they have to "fluff down" and they do!
I was also surprised on how trim they were- a little thicker on the waist but not overly. And they worked fine with or without the extra snap in- I would fold the snap in as a lay in folded in his pee spott only at night- during the day it was just regular.

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE sandies!! They are by far one of my favs and the only thing that really worked as far as economics go for fitteds. Josh gained a pound a week for almost three months and so was growing out of stuff before he was in it!
Sandies fit wonderfully the day he was born and still fit at 4 months and 17 pounds!
It would definately be worth getting some of those!!!

On covers- ME wins out again- the AF are not the cutest things but they are bullet proof and have wonderful adjustability- they are the only hting that really fits Josh right. I also like imse vimse softs but ME's truly are far superior!

I do have a wonderwrap and I am not impressed at all- the snaps do not hold very tight so they tend to unsnap when I am putting the diaper on. I do like the velcro but thats about it.

I do use the ww sometimes on my 2 yr old but overall I just stick to my ME's

I do have other fitted for my 4 month old but my 2 yearold is only in MEOS.

If all I had was motherease stuff I would be happy and well stashed

And washing- a breeze- they are sooo not finiky