Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2006, 11:52 AM   #1
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

Tell me about your favorite CD system and why you like it please-

I got my first CD yesterday for my DD who is six months old. I bought a sample pack of pocket diapers which after trying them all and doing more research makes me want to buy more. Not just more pockets but more kinds of CD. There are so many and they are so versitile and I need to get more anyway. I want to try some AIO, and prefolds with covers so...

What is your fav cd system?

Why do you like it?

What do you consider an essential to your CD "collection"?

Thanks,
Heather

Advertisement

heathersgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:00 PM   #2
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tell me about your favorite CD system and why you like it please-

I love fitteds, prefolds and wool. The wool keeps my dd's bum cool and rash free, so I almost never use PUL/nylon anymore. I like my fitteds for going coverless and sometimes I just do not feel like messing with a prefold. My favorite fitteds are baby shaped Mutts and BBL, and I use indian PF. I also have a few BG that I keep for DH or others to use because they are so easy.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

fitted prefolds and wool here too! I like the fact that I don't have to wash my covers all the time. I like fitteds when I am going out to keep everything contained and prefolds for home because I can use two under the cover for nighttime and nap time.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fitteds and covers are the only things I use, because they work great and are durable. Also, they are more economical than pockets and you don't have to stuff. They are easy too. It does add one step over an AIO, but there is no folding and no pinning.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:16 PM   #5
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I've never tried wool, but I use a combination of pretty much everything else. Well, actually I used to use pockets, but I got rid of them.

Right now I am really loving AIOs (MagicAlls and VB). I also use a variety of fitteds and covers (Wigglewormbottoms are excellent covers). Luke's Drawers Good Night Kisses is our favorite nighttime dipe, nothing gets through it.
Even prefolds and covers I'm enjoying. So I'm probably not a lot of help because I pretty much like everything. So I say, just get more of whatever you're loving!
Oh, and
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:15 PM   #6
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I find that at home I love using fitteds/wool and if the mood strikes or we're going out for awhile I use a pocket or aio. If dh or someone else needs to change her we definitely have the "easier" front snap fitteds and aios that they can use (I consider having several of those a must in any stash if you don't want to ALWAYS be the one changing baby) Good luck
Old 06-29-2006, 01:16 PM   #7
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

For daytime. my fave are Snap-Ez PUL pockets. Awesome fit, cute prints and never have leaks. I use Babykicks Hemparoo inserts and/or Happy Heiny microterry insert. I have some SEZ daytime inserts coming that I am anxious to try, but this works for us for now.

For nighttime, I LOVE BumGenius diapers. NEVER have any leaks and we go 10-12 hours with no problems. I use a Babykicks insert wrapped in a MF towel. Perfect combo for my super soaker.

I have some fitteds and some wool covers on their way and I'm anxious to try these.

It really is trial and error for a while, but if you keep with it, you will find what works for you and you'll be a happy CDing mama and baby
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #8
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

We all kind of have our own secret system. My husband says it's a code he can't break. Every time he goes to change a diaper (I say everytime, like it's a lot, but really, it's very, very rare!!) I'll tell him he put on the wrong one!

But, I originally started with pocket diapers (fuzzi bunz) and wanted to branch out from there. Eventually I got some AI2s, prefolds, covers and now I'm getting some fitteds.

Here and there I will sell off things that aren't working for us. I've never been able to find an AIO that I like, so I've sold all of the ones I've tried. I like having a "mixed" stash, because it gives me the opportunity to change it up. But, I do find that I still tend to reach for my pocket diapers the most. They work SO well for us, and that's all that matters, really!

Go for it! Try a few different kinds--you can always sell off what you don't like. Create a mixed stash--it keeps things fun (for me anyway)!
Old 06-29-2006, 02:21 PM   #9
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

I love AIO's. We didn't start cd'ing until dd was 3 months old so the less steps and more like a sposie was what we were looking for. I had ordered 3 fb's to start off with, but don't dig the whole pocket thing, plus, hubby hates snaps. I started making dipes just because I wanted something custom for my girl and they ended up working out so great, I opened my own store. I use them over night and during the day.

I haven't gotten into the wooly world, but I plan to, some day.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:03 PM   #10
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

I love my Fuzzi fannies pockets. My stash would be nothing without them. They're great for anytime and they're easy to care for.
I also like wool and fitteds but my favorites are the FF!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote