Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2006, 03:13 PM   #11
aschrimp
Registered Users

Re: Tell me about your favorite CD system and why you like it please-

I actually have two favorites.

1) Bummis wraps + prefolds
You can't beat this for price and simplicity. I bought a huge stash of used pfs plus a bunch of prowraps that I only used until I found bummis for $50. We got by with two bummis ($20 or so) for several months, I just handwashed one cover every night or when it got poopy. They hung dry fast enough that I was almost never without a fresh cover. Even though he went up in size, all I had to buy was new covers, no new pfs. Super, super cheap, and easy enough for even the most clumsy husbandif you just trifold and lay in the prefolds . If there weren't other issues, this would still be my primary diapering system.

2) Hemp Fitteds + Wool & Fleece
DS has sensitive skin, and gets rashy in waterproof covers (even my beloved bummis). So we have mostly switched to hemp (better for the skin, anti-bacterial and anti-yeast) and wool. I still have some bummis for backup and those times when a leak would be a disaster. We use the fleece at night (windpro shorts) and the wool during the day. I am working on wool for night, but my ds is the KING of sleeping supersoakers, and wool even for naps has been iffy so far (yes, I felt and lanolize). I have made almost all my hemp, fleece and wool stash, so although these can be more expensive options, I've kept the cost pretty low.

We have some homemade AIOs & a couple of used honeyboys from ds that we use for the diaper bag. We are having to phase out velcro and go to snaps because ds loves the sound of velcro coming undone, and it always manages to rub his little belly or legs.

Advertisement

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:03 PM   #12
monkeylove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Right now, I would say fitteds and wook, specifically kiwi pie..love it!
and then the pockets have been winners lately when we travel, it's so much easier!
Old 06-29-2006, 04:13 PM   #13
Mommyof2Princesses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My stash is made up of pockets and AI2s. I don't care for true aios, they take forever to dry compared to my pockets and ai2s. I like diapers with snaps over aplix but still have a mixture of both. I started out with 12 Fuzzi Bunz, which were super simple and I loved. But after branching out I find they aren't what I reach for first. These are the ones I've tried:
Pockets
Beedie Weedie Boutique- High quality affordable diapers! Really cute and I get to choose the perfect colors for my little one. They fit dd perfectly!!
Bumgenius- only diaper I use at night with no leaks! I fold up 2 microfiber towels in it.
Fuzzi fannies- love the quality and are super cute!! I love custom diapers!!
Starbunz- cute but I don't reach for them all of the time.
AI2s
Bumware- Trimmest diaper with great quality! Love them.
Jamtots Berry plush- one of the most beautiful diapers I own. This is the diaper I stalked for weeks before dh said go ahead and get them before you drive me crazy!!!! So soft and pretty (all of mine are embroidered) I definitely put these on dd because of the cuteness factor.
Peewell Aio- high quality diaper.
I love all of them.
Mommyof2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #14
lararum
Banned

We started off with pockets. I then decided I wanted to use wool and fitteds.
Lately I've been using prefolds with wool covers around the house. I use fitteds for going out. Long trips I use a double stuffed pocket, and keep pockets for the diaper bag.
There are so many options, once you get started it's hard to stop.
lararum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #15
Bridget Riedell
Registered Users

My Mood:

During the day at home, I love my PFs with wool or fleece covers. A snappied PF is so sweet! I have Chinese and Indian pfs and like them both.

For outings, overnight, and when I feel in the mood; I go with fitteds under wool or fleece. I love the breathability of all that natural fiber. My dd's little bum is so healthy now that she's not in sposie anymore

I have hemp Little Beetle fitteds, PW's, Mutts, and Bug-E-Boos fitteds.
Bridget Riedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:37 PM   #16
aliyahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

I'm posting this reply because I need to reference this thread again later and I can never find any threads I want to reread later. I know I can search my own posts and find this thread that way. If anyone can tell me how to save threads/posts for later reference any other way please PM me and tell me. I'm new to cloth diapering- I started in May and I'm still trying to find some diapers I really really like. I read SO many posts that are full of wonderful advice like this one that I'm in desperate need of referencing until I have all this CDing figured out. Thanks EVERYONE I can't believe how helpful all you mamas are!
aliyahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:17 AM   #17
mommy2maya
Registered Users

My Mood:

I used prefolds, and wool soakers. I have a few proraps covers for when I need really really trim, but don't usually use them much.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #18
aschrimp
Registered Users

BTW - I *HATE* pockets. Go figure. If I had started with pockets, I doubt I would still be cd-ing.
I am so immensely glad that my excursion into them was used from ds, and I didn't spend a whole bunch of $ on new pockets, because it would have been an absolute waste. As it is, I should be able to resell for pretty much what I paid, since we only used for a few weeks - long enough for me to decide how much I hated them.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:09 AM   #19
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

I love my pockets and fitteds are great too. But most recently I have really been impressed by pf's and wool, I like ipf's but haven't tried cpf's. The only thing I didn't like so far is regular covers.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #20
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

another prefolds (epfs cpfs, ipfs) and fitteds (mostly fanciful fannies but a few others too) with wool soakers (mostly recycled wool for daytime) or nylon pull on covers
I find i like using birdseye flats as doubler better than any doubler i have bought

for under clothes i like a snappied prefold for trimness with a dappi pull on nylon cover

if he is going just with a shirt i really like a stuffed fitted so i don't have to use a cover or a prefold (or fitteds) with wool

but for going out mi marido (dh) loves aios (qleros) or a stuffed fanciful fanny prefitted because he loves the monkey and froggie prints

the nice part is everything washes pretty easily and is pretty durable
also having some ipfs, cpfs, and epfs all vary in size some so its kind of like having in between sizes for the big gaps between preemie and infant and infant and premium you can get with cpfs only --- which can make it easier to get a good fit and be less bulk

good luck!