Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2006, 10:44 AM   #21
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about your favorite CD system and why you like it please-

Started out with a variety...quickly found that AIOs aren't great for my super soaker. We do pockets and fitteds/pfs with wool now. Pockets were first and still love my FBs and fuzzi fannies. Now I love fitteds and pfs....needing to get some nylon trim covers for under clothes tho.

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2006, 10:53 AM   #22
Christy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't care for pockets but my dh loves them so we have some hh's with velcro because he doesn't like snaps either. I like fitteds (FCB & PW's) with covers.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:01 PM   #23
fullernj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Started out with prefolds and covers and a few recycled wool pants, and then moved to fitteds and covers.

Now that we have been CD'ing for 7 months, I use AI2's mostly, I sew my covers and then sew a little rectangular pocket to stuff a microfiber rag in. I also use fitteds for under the recycled wool soakers and longies. I like the AI2's because you can keep the same cover, like if it matches an outfit and just replace the inner part. Same with the wool pants, just change the fitted and pull the same pants up.

I have saved a bundle on baby clothes this way, too. Mostly I just buy shirts and dresses to match the diapers and pants. Or vice versa.

My DH likes this system too. He can figure it out fairly easily. One soaker inside a cover. No sweat
Old 06-30-2006, 04:08 PM   #24
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

I just wanted to thank everyone for your replies. It seems like there is a resounding for cpf, ipf, fitteds, covers and wool, and that people have had a great success with them. I really appreciate the input and am excited to continue on my, and my girl's, CD journey.

Thank you all again,
Heather

And thatnks for the welcome too!!!
heathersgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #25
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

I actually love all of the diapers I have. Pockets, AI2's, prefolds (cpf and ipf), fitteds, flats, & prefitteds. In fact I use one system for a few days and then switch so I do not get bored. My DH will only use Front snapping PUL pockets though. He will not try anything else. LOL I like wool wraps but not wool pants.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #26
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use mostly pockets (ease factor for dh so he'll go along with cloth diapers, LOL...he hates "change").

I also have some fitteds & wool that I LOVE!
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #27
Nadmom
Registered Users
seller

I started out with prefolds and pul covers and much to my surprised loved them and pretty much just used them for the first 9 months. I loved that I could use the same cover over and over by just putting a new prefold in. 9BTW I always just used the trifold laid in the cover and still works great for us. But once she got real squirmy I found it diffcult to get it on right and wanted to try other things.

I never really liked fitteds just seemed like an extra step and I found them to be bulkier than my trifolded prefolds. I have dabbled some in AIOs but am currently using mostly pockets now. I like their trimness and ease of putting them on her. Also, since she doesn't get changed at night anymore like she did with the prefolds I like that the pockets wick the wetness away from her bum.

Whatever you choose be prepared for it to change during your cd journey.

good luck

Barefoot Books
Nadmom is offline   Reply With Quote