Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
my3sonz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
AFRAID OF POOP!

OK I just got my first fluffy mail yesterday and was SOOOO excited about getting started CDing. But I am feeling very overwhelmed. I did my homework. I googled every different kind of diaper, washing methods (lots of conflicting info bout what to use in wash), and I thought I was more than ready to make the switch.....BUT......I am afraid of the poopy diaper!

Until I get a big enough stash I have to use cloth and sposies. So DS woke up this morning in a sposie and first thing I put him in a CD. Very exciting! Til 2 minutes later when he was obviously working on filling it for me! PANIC! I acted like I had never dealt with baby poop before! (Well I guess I havn't other than wiping it off baby bottoms cuz I just wrapped it up in sposie and put it in the trash.) I was desperately trying to wipe it off my new fluff w/baby wipes (and putting it in the trash cuz I didn't know what to do w/it, defeating the purpose of CDing to help the environment!) Then I put the diaper in the washing machine and ran the machine like 3 times.

When DH called from work he got the baby poop in CD story. I suggested getting one of those diaper spraying thingys....but we fear getting poo splattered all over. So maybe disposable diaper liners?

Please mommas....I am so excited about making the switch and I don't want it to be ruined by my poopoo fears! Any and all poopoo advice is welcome!

Advertisement

my3sonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: AFRAID OF POOP!

Poop gets flushed down the toilet.

I shake off what I can .. then I dunk it the toilet and hang on to it real good while I flush. I use prefolds though so that makes a little bit of difference. A diaper sprayer might be a good investment for you. I used to use the detachable shower head at my parents house (same thing as the sprayer, just not attached to the toilet - it was all I had to use at the time).
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I hate disposable liners b/c they stick to their bums and make a big mess. We used fleece liners b/c poop comes off the fleece pretty easily. With baby poop I just swished it around the potty till most was off then threw it in the washer for a small rinse with a drop of TTO (antibacterial)

I've heard fabulous things about the sprayers you just aim the diaper down towards the potty and spray TOWARDS the toilet. You can control the pressure I think.

mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im my home we have a sink in the laundry room and a bathroom right inside the laundry room. So poop gets plopped into the toilet, and then I take the diaper and spray the remnents off into the sink. Then into the diaper pale until wash time. I will say though, before Eden began pooping in the potty, if a poop was due (she tends to be an evening pooper lol) I would use a fleece liner. But overall Im too lazy to deal with liners on a regular basis.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

ewww..I do not scrape, flush or do anything with poo dipes except put them in their own wetbag! I have a separate one for pee dipes and I just do a short xs cold rinse of all poo dipes in the wash before I rinse all the pee dipes! That is the only way I will CD! NO stinkies here either.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #6
Maplemama3
Registered Users

My Mood:

I used to wear rubber gloves when dunking poop dipes Boy did I get rid of those fast! Now I do the same as "ferrferr" We used the diaper sprayer, but since we moved (almost 2 yrs ago), DH didn't install it as I barely used it.

Good luck! You'll get used to it soon enough
Maplemama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #7
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetforestcat View Post
ewww..I do not scrape, flush or do anything with poo dipes except put them in their own wetbag! I have a separate one for pee dipes and I just do a short xs cold rinse of all poo dipes in the wash before I rinse all the pee dipes! That is the only way I will CD! NO stinkies here either.
Uhmm.. so you don't dump the poo?
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #8
smidgin
Registered Users

My Mood:

I scrape the poo into the toilet. I use an old butter knife. I'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe & the sprayer was to much for me. I just scrape the bulk or shake it off since they're getting more solid. If it's EBF poo then you don't have to do anything, just throw it in the wash, since it's so thin.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #9
my3sonz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well my guy is mostly BF, but eats some solids. Usually cereal and fruit or veggie once or twice a day. So his poops are not solid, but not quite EBF poops. I can't shake it off so I guess I have to scrape?!? Or rinse in the toilet? So if I use fleece liners then I should just have to rinse/scrape the liner right? And the dipes themselves will not be messy? And then I just put the dipe in a pail? Cuz I feel like I should wash it RIGHT AWAY!

Last edited by my3sonz; 07-14-2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added ?
my3sonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:46 PM   #10
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post
Uhmm.. so you don't dump the poo?
I didn't usually. If some was dumpable, sure, but most of the time I'd have to scrape it off and BLECH. I threw the entire thing into the washer.

Poop is the reason I've stopped CDing.