Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #11
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: AFRAID OF POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
I didn't usually. If some was dumpable, sure, but most of the time I'd have to scrape it off and BLECH. I threw the entire thing into the washer.

Poop is the reason I've stopped CDing.
Yeah see .. I have a toddler. No BF poo here. There's no WAY in can go into the washer and more often than not she has the peanutbutter poo that has to be shaken off and rinsed real good.

Advertisement

ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #12
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

run it under the bathroom sink water (the diaper) then toss it in the washer for a cold rinse
Old 07-14-2007, 06:00 PM   #13
my3sonz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OOOHHH I have a sink in my laundry room....been using it to soak outfits....but I could turn it into my poopoo rinse station!
my3sonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #14
mommytotommy
Registered Users
seller

Diaper sprayers are wonderful. They do not make a mes if you keep the spray low enough so that it does not spray everywhere. Poop belongs in waste water were it can be properly treated, not in the trash. This is one of the grossest things about sposies imo. I know not ALL people who use sposies just toss the poop but I know that MOST do.
mommytotommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #15
my3sonz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have never known anyone who didn't just toss the poo. I think I may have read on the package to dump it but totally disregarded it and have never read a package since. I think most sposie users don't read the package and just throw the dirty dipe in the trash. YUCKO
my3sonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:39 PM   #16
Little Bear Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, use your laundry sink. I love mine. I have a 3 foot hose and a garden hose attachment that screws onto the faucet. I can plop formed poop in the toilet, spray away and then dump in the pail. It's super easy, and the waste all gets where it's supposed to, without going through my washer.

~ also at FRESH on the 9th on the 9s ~
blogging here --->

Little Bear Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:10 PM   #17
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

Fleece liners are great! they keep most of the poo off the diaper - i just swish in the toilet and then flush while holding the liner and that pulls most of it off .. then i actually take mine to the kitchen sink and use the sprayer and usually a tooth brush to rinse off the rest and then throw it in the pail (my pail is in the kitchen - kinda weird but its because of the way my house is laid out) in my experience if you wash most of the poo off the rest comes off in the wash even if its been a few days i even had this horrible black blueberry puree poo on my dipes/liners last week and it all came out in the wash after sitting in the pail for a few days!

(oh, and i spray the kitchen sink and surrounding area with bleach water after i rinse poo in there..)
Old 07-14-2007, 08:44 PM   #18
liramom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a diaper sprayer and Love it. It doesn't really splash, only with fitteds along the elastic edge if you are not careful. You lay the diaper over the edge of the toilet and spray downwards into the bowl. They have a pressure control switch. My diaper pail is a 5 gallon bucket beside the toilet and the dirties go in there for 3 days or so until washday. Then I soak in cold water for about 2 hours before washing.
No stinkies.
liramom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #19
attachedmamaof3
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm currently CDing an almost 3 yr old and a 6 mo old....I don't do poo.

If the poo is solid enough, I shake it into the toilet, if not...into the dry pail it goes. I literally just dump them in the wash.

I do cold wash/rinse before I take the dipes back out and then do a regular hot wash (w/detergent) cycle.....it works for me!!! (Unlike the sprayer which I'm sure I misused because it basically ricocheted poo all over my self, toilet, floor and shower door...and I don't care to try it again!!!)

I've never had a problem with stains or anything like that....
married to HS sweetheart mom to DS#1-(9yo), DS#2-(2.5yo) and DD-5.5 mo!
attachedmamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #20
cowboymommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, we have just started to get more solid poo and I agree with above poster, if it isn't solid enough to come off in one plop over the potty, it all goes in the pail to be washed. All reminants get washed away in the cold soak before the hot wash with detergent. We haven't had any stains either and there is no poop in my washing machine