Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2007, 08:48 AM   #11
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need some advice (not circ'ing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I say ds is old enough that it now becomes his decision. A circ would more than likely terrify him right now, wait and let him decide when he's old enough to know what it is, and can make a informed choice for himself. (btw all 3 of mine were circ'd the day after birth and I would do as I advised above with my own as well)
hes not old enough now to make that decision, hes only 1m old....but I agree if you did not do it 1st thing, I would wait now until he is old enough to decide for himself..unless it would end up being medically necessary.

Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 08:57 AM   #12
Getz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is almost 18 mos and my DH still doesn't understand why I think circumcision is so horrible.

When we found out we were having a boy I asked him to review my research and he refused. So I said over my dead body will our son be circumcised. And that was that.

Though I think the "he has a penis so he can decide" reason is a load of baloney, I do recognize that I can't really understand why it is so important to DH. I think a lot of it stems from him not wanting to admit there is anything wrong with his penis (which I never suggest).

Basically we have agreed to disagree. It is more important that our son have full genital integrity than my DH understand or support it.

You may not ever by able to make him understand your side of the issue. I really thought after DS was born DH would realize that circumcision wasn't necessary. But he still thinks it is.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #13
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you shown him the video of an actual circ being done? That right there is what made me decide I would never do it to my DS (if I ever have one)
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #14
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
Have you shown him the video of an actual circ being done? That right there is what made me decide I would never do it to my DS (if I ever have one)
They show that in the Penn & Teller video... **shudder**

My DH is intact, my DS is intact and this DS will be intact too. I could *NEVER* subject my babies to that.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:41 PM   #15
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz View Post
My son is almost 18 mos and my DH still doesn't understand why I think circumcision is so horrible.

When we found out we were having a boy I asked him to review my research and he refused. So I said over my dead body will our son be circumcised. And that was that.

Though I think the "he has a penis so he can decide" reason is a load of baloney, I do recognize that I can't really understand why it is so important to DH. I think a lot of it stems from him not wanting to admit there is anything wrong with his penis (which I never suggest).

Basically we have agreed to disagree. It is more important that our son have full genital integrity than my DH understand or support it.

You may not ever by able to make him understand your side of the issue. I really thought after DS was born DH would realize that circumcision wasn't necessary. But he still thinks it is.
Ditto that word for word, other than my son is only 15 months, not 18.

My DH would not have Jackson circumcised now, he's a weenie, lol. He gets all upset when Jack smashes a finger, etc. I know he couldn't take our son in for a cosmetic surgery. BUT, he does every now and then mention that Jack's penis "looks weird." I know he would prefer him to be circumcised if there was a way around how horrible it is to perform one.

Thank goodness though, it's a non-issue. DH knows there is no way in hell I would allow it to be done. End of discussion.

Stand up for your little boy, as it seems like no one else will.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #16
smielebehappyjennifer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is one more suggestion. They say that an intact man has better more powerful "O" then a circ one. (Normally guys like to focus on the sex being better so that is usually a good one).

Plus I know a guy that his circ was cut to much (mind you done by a competent dr and his mom (a nurse) was there to make sure) and now has problems sexually because of it. Also it is something they can't fix because you can't add more skin back without messing it up even more. Oh and he didn't realize the problem until adulthood and became sexually active.

Good Luck Mama
Old 07-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #17
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:

Go to Youtube.com or somewhere and pull up a video of circing.. that's what absolutely did it for my husband. He couldn't believe people did it to their sons and swore there was no way someone was going to do that to HIS boy.
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #18
ktog29
Registered Users

My Mood:

DH was pro-circ until he saw a drawing of a circ taking place...he changed his mind then and there. I imagine that a video of a circ would show the reality of what happens. God made our bodies the way they were supposed to be.

Good luck, Mama.
ktog29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:44 PM   #19
movingsouth
Registered Users

here's an interesting recent article
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...sn=001&sc=1000
movingsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:01 PM   #20
EmsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also would show him research, video's etc. If it came down to the day of though I think I'd refuse to allow it to be done.

I was very lucky here in our situation. DH was circ'd but really saw it as a non-issue. In Ontario we have to pay for it to be done as it's now considered cosmetic. So for the $400 it would have cost us, he figured he better feel strongly about it and he didn't He didn't have the heart to submit ds to that and I'm so happy we didn't have to worry about it.

Dh's cousins are very pro-circ. They tell us how important it is for hygiene, sex blah blah blah. They actually said ds will be mad we didn't have it done. Then they go on to tell the horror story about their own sons circ procedure, they make me mad
EmsMom is offline   Reply With Quote