Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #21
My Mood:
Re: I need some advice (not circ'ing)

My dh is circ'd and did his research on his own b/4 we ever discussed it. He knows there is NO MEDICAL REASON to do it. Sure you can find ANYTHING on the internet to say "less likely to have this, or get this" yadda yadda but we both know that there are two sides to every story and that it's MEDICALLY CONSIDERED COSMETIC SURGERY. It is not covered by 99% of insurances b/c they do not deem it necessary. So #1 you are paying out of pocket to have cosmetic surgery done to your kid. Our thoughts and what I explain to other people who get very confused is that if our son was deemed medically necessary to have a circumsion then so be it, but there are VERY few cases, and until then he can decide what types of cosmetic surgeries to have in the future with his own money. Also if the reason is so that the kid looks the same what are you gonna do when one of your kids gets braces, or glasses, or breaks an arm etc. Kids don't look alike.

mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:48 PM   #22
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h

Originally Posted by sistersusannah View Post
I don't know if this will help your stance but I am married to an un-circ'ed man and I love it! By far, the best s*x I have ever had and it makes forepl*y so much easier as well.
I'll second that!
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:27 AM   #23
Registered Users

Thank you for all of your replies! Just to make it clear, DS will NOT be circ'd. I won't allow it. I just don't like to have confrontations and I feel pressured when we talk about it. The last time we talked about it we agreed to disagree. I'm in GA right now getting the last of our stuff packed up to move to TN and he's in TN at the house. He has to come down to help us move and when he does I'm going to make him watch one of those videos. I watched about 2 min of that video and I almost threw up. If he ever allowed that to happen to our son I don't think I'd ever get over it. I still hold my older DS and cry from time to time about what I let happen to him. I will not live with that guilt again.
Amanda - 24 y/o GF to Troy & mama to Autumn - 5, Nathan - 3, and baby Troy born 6/13/07! 10lbs, 4oz
Punkymom is offline   Reply With Quote