Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2006, 09:50 AM   #11
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Amber teething necklaces? Opinions! :-)

How are they supposed to work?
I don't want to sound ignorant, but I just can't figure how amber around the neck is helping w/the pain? (In Germany they sell those amber necklaces since 'ages' for babies and I never got one...)
Aside from that ? I'm not a fan of my baby wearing a necklace. Not b/c he's a boy, but b/c I know he'd pull on it etc. and I'd def. wouldn't let him sleep with it.. Just my though.

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2006, 09:54 AM   #12
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Val,
As far as I know Amber is supposed to have a healing element? I'm not real familiar with it but at this point Imw illing to try ANYTHING.
I wouldnt put it on a small child, like a 2 month old or anything and definitley not to bed, but during the day at this point Im all for it
Old 04-28-2006, 09:59 AM   #13
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Hmm I should have figured! I mean, I knew certain stones have certain healing qualities and such.
Maybe I'll reconsider.. eventhough then I already know I'd have to deal w/Hubby like Elaina's..
Old 04-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #14
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought one from the Wonderous Gems mama as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I was a member of another board with her and she is just the sweetest mama ever! Everyone I knew from the other board just raved about the necklaces and said they worked so well. My thought it, I'm sure it will work, but even if it didn't for some reason he'll still look super cute in it.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #15
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

hmmm i had never heard of this either, i don't have any teething children as of right now. but will definately be getting one of these when Brighton is of teething age (he's not even born yet so i have a while to go for that lol!). right now i'm just glad i opened this thread! thanks for the info!
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:39 AM   #16
quixb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anybody have pics to share of thier DC in one?? I hadent heard of these but I would love to see some in action......may have to look into one as dd is gettin to that age!!
quixb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #17
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought one from Three Sisters Toys for DD, but we rarely use it. I work full time and she can't have anything around her neck at daycare ("choking hazard") so we're not getting much use out of it. HOWEVER, I had a crown done last week and I've been wearing her necklace (it fits me like a choker)... I have to say that *I've* been feeling less pain than I was before I wore it (and I wake up every morning with my teeth in pain since I don't wear it overnight, FYI).
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:19 AM   #18
CRmama
Registered Users
seller

I've heard from other mamas that the necklaces do work. From what I understand it's because the amber sort of heats up and just makes them feel better. I was really doubtful about it myself, but I really do want to get one now.
CRmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:52 AM   #19
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixb
Anybody have pics to share of thier DC in one?? I hadent heard of these but I would love to see some in action......may have to look into one as dd is gettin to that age!!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:42 AM   #20
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaina
I bought one of these from the Pin co-op and my husband just cannot get over his son wearing a "necklace". If anybody is interested, we got the natural shape, dark amber colored necklace. I'd be willing to sell it for the co-op price ($28 ppd).
PMing you!!!