Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #11
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: what would you do?

I'm not being mean I swear ... But, if proper measures weren't taken to keep from getting pregnant then I can't see terminating a pregnancy over it. Then again I just wouldn't terminate a healthy pregnancy at all (although there are circumstances in which I would such as pregnancy due to a rape, but that's a whole different ball of wax). Both my pregnancies have been the result of not taking the right steps the prevent a pregnancy. I'd never give up DD#1, and I'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of DD#2 any day (hour would be nice) now.

Advertisement

ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #12
Hitchkids
Registered Users

I would absolutely keep the pregnancy. And if I felt I would not be able to handle raising them all, I would give the younger one up for adoption. Very hard but the friends I have who have taken that route have never regretted it. The friends I have who have chosen not to keep a pregnancy have regretted it. And if I knew someone in that position, I would do everything I could to help them.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #13
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would keep the baby, but afterwards, and I mean immediately after having the baby, I would address my/our fertility and make sure I didn't get pg again unless we were ready.

But that's me. I'm in a financial and personal position that would allow that. Your (or whoever you're referring to) choices should not be based on what others would do. They should be based on what is right for you and your family.

Good luck.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #14
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would keep it. my girls are 20 months and 8 months and we are pregnant with twins...i am feeling overwhelmed but i wouldn't trade my kids for anything. you have to do what is right for you though
Old 07-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #15
jlkhorn
Registered Users
seller

Absolutely! Abortion is not birth control.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #16
aliks
Registered Users
seller

yes, but I'd move closer to family to get some help-but I'm fortunate that I have family that would help me, not everyone has that option.
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:45 PM   #17
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Depends on where I was at... if it were me now, single, I'd have to give the 3rd up for adoption. I couldn't give 3 babies the life they would deserve.
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:04 PM   #18
suebe333
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definatly KEEP the BABY ... like some ofthe other mama's said , terminating a pregnancy causes many regrets,too many to list here..good luck mama and remember ,even if ya don't know us in person we are here for the whole way mama
Old 07-16-2007, 02:07 PM   #19
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Absolutely I would keep the baby. I would be incredibly stressed, upset, and even angry for a while, I'm sure. My son is 15 months old and I do NOT feel ready at all for another baby. At 2 months, I'd have been hysterical. But, I do not agree with abortion, so I would never have one for the simple reason that I had messed up with my birth control.

I cannot imagine how difficult it would be, but if you really think about it, the 2 month old would be 11 or 12 months old by the time the new baby got there. Difficult still, yes, but not as trying as having a 2 month old and a newborn, kwim?

ETA: This wouldn't be an option for ME IRL, but in theory, if I couldn't handle having another child, I would place the baby up for adoption.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:29 PM   #20
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would keep the baby. You may have your hands full at first, like the pp said, but think of how close the 3 will be. I will keep you in my prayers. I can't imagine how overwhelming your situation is.

haynmama is offline   Reply With Quote