Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #21
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: what would you do?

I would probably, if health allowed. For me pregnancy is a rather stressful and medically hazardous time. But if my body allowed then yes definately. But if I had to chose between trying to keep the pregnancy and most likely dying, taking the baby with me and leaving my older kids without a mama or terminating the pregnancy, well that's a whole other ball of wax. And in my case that might just be what would happen with three that close together. We are very very careful because of that.

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #22
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

absolutely if me and dh didn't stop it from happening then we wouldn't end it by any means.
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:24 PM   #23
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, I'd keep all of them.

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #24
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly can't say since I haven't been in the situation. I'd consider my financial state, emotional state, and physical state, and then make that decision. I think if I got pregnant right now, I'd keep the baby, but I'm not sure what I'd do if she was only 2M.

I'd consult a Doctor, too. It can be dangerous to have kids that close together, for the Mama. Having a baby is very taxing on your body, and leaving your kids without a Mama (whether it's because you have to be hospitalized, are too sick, or just unable to take care of them), isn't fair to them either. I think this is such a personal decision, one that would require you to be okay with the endpoint, and your decision would, of course, need to be what is best for you and your family.

Last edited by mom2madison06; 07-16-2007 at 03:43 PM.
mom2madison06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #25
twinsplus2more
Registered Users

My Mood:

absolutely!
twinsplus2more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #26
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post
I'm not being mean I swear ... But, if proper measures weren't taken to keep from getting pregnant then I can't see terminating a pregnancy over it. Then again I just wouldn't terminate a healthy pregnancy at all (although there are circumstances in which I would such as pregnancy due to a rape, but that's a whole different ball of wax). Both my pregnancies have been the result of not taking the right steps the prevent a pregnancy. I'd never give up DD#1, and I'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of DD#2 any day (hour would be nice) now.
I agree! my second was concieved while I was on bc tho. The reason I asked is cause I am breastfeeding and the other day I was bleeding just a little and it lasted 2 days but it was very light and I hear it could be attachment bleeding or something. TMI- I havent had my hubby do the do in me yet but there is the pre stuff that could do it Im sure.

I have my mind made up that if I was I would 98% keep it 2% give it up for adoption. I love my babys and the only reason Id give it up is cause we are not financially stable but I know we could make it work.

thanks everyone.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #27
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
But, I do not agree with abortion, so I would never have one for the simple reason that I had messed up with my birth control.
I'm surprised so many people automatically assume that any baby conceived is from lack of bc. I know several people who have had accidental pregnancies and also used bc correctly.

I would absolutely keep the baby. I am in a financial situation to do that though. Not what I would like to be, but we wouldn't go hungry and would have clothes and a place to live

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #28
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd definitely keep the baby. I have a 2 year old and a 11 month old, and it is an adventure everyday, yet I want another baby. My DH personally thinks that I'm nuts, but that is ok...cuz he loves this nut.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:38 PM   #29
GrahamBaby4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a 3yo, a 9mo old and found out I was prego (on the pill) with #3 and never thought twice even though we couldn't afford it.

this time it was way way worse!! I had a 7yo, a 4.5 yo and a 3 yo when I found out I was prego again, and yes i was using bc and correctly...
DH told me to have an abortion, I told him if anyone was out of this family, it would be HIM. There was no question in my mind that although we were going through a very very rough time financially (and we still are) that this is our child and as long as we have a way to get by, everything will be fine. So far, we have been doing alright. Now the kids are 8, 5 and 4 when this baby will be born, and that is stressful in itself because I was going to go back to work this next year full time when my youngest hit Kindergarten. So, financially things aren't good and won't be for at least a few more years.

My SIL is the only person who knows about what DH said to me and how it hurt like hell to hear him say something like that, and She only knows because she is the best sounding board ever, she has the gift of clear thinking and I was thankful she pointed me to do what I felt was right no matter what because if our marriage was over, it was over either way. DH has come around, and she was right, it was mostly about the stress of several financial difficulties and then the pure shock of another baby. So, I feel for you, I really do. But, truth be told, the best thing you can do is ask others for help when you need it.
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:43 PM   #30
LeighaGrace
Registered Users

Been there done that. Not as hard as it seems b/c you get in that "kid" mode. Kid furniture, kid proof house, schedule around kid time. Good luck! It is a load of fun, too!