Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #11
Jeanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do/did you know you were done having babies?

All you mamas must be from different world!! I have one and I am so afraid to have even #2. Where do you get all that energy to keep up, clean up, sleep, do errands and find any time for yourself and your DH? I am always overwhelmed....trying to get things done. Maybe its different if you don't work? I am in gradschool and work 20 hrs. Maybe I am just weak

I love my baby and its the best thing ever, but finding time for another baby is far too scary!

Advertisement

Jeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #12
ThreeBunniesMoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm still waiting for that feeling. We have 3 I've always wanted 4 or more. Dh said 3 was his limit. He knows I'm not done and he's agreed to a 4th by the time our youngest is 5yo. I really hope that after we have a 4th I will feel done.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:47 PM   #13
Mommy2Cadence
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well after #2 we know we are done fora while at least. I want to get the two kids in school, get some money saved up, and buy a house. Then if money and space permits one or two more at least 5 or so years down the road.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:55 PM   #14
jsnichols1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just had our 3rd - Abbie is 4, Andy is 2, and Ava is 3 months. I feel like our family is complete, but I ache at the thought that Ava is the last baby. I've joked with DH about trying for another boy, but his head practically starts spinning off his shoulders. LOL I think we're done realistically, but I don't think that I'll ever be done in my heart... :-)
jsnichols1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #15
Kels5kids
Registered Users
Formerly: Kels4kids
seller

My Mood:

I have 4 and still do not feel done. I agreed to get a tubal after DC#3 but decided not to while pregnant. Then made a deal with DH that after #4 I would have a tubal. I decided against that during my labor. I want #5 so bad and think that 5 will be it, actually even if I do not feel done DH would never sleep with me again. DH doesn't want anymore but he knows that I can get pregnant and is careful. Honestly I think he is on the back burner about #5.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:31 PM   #16
laniesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Cadence View Post
Well after #2 we know we are done fora while at least. I want to get the two kids in school, get some money saved up, and buy a house. Then if money and space permits one or two more at least 5 or so years down the road.
This is exactly what DH and I did! We had 2, saved up bought a house, had #3 (7 years later) and now we are expecting #4. I don't know if we'll be done or not after this one. My gut tells me not, but we'll see...
Old 07-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #17
GrahamBaby4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was sure we were "done" after 3.
Now I am prego with #4 and when the doctor told me with the first u/s that I was probably going to m/c I asked him if he could get a tubal done asap. I signed all the paperwork etc and now i have had to sign it again because I didn't m/c and I know I don't want any more. I LOVE the baby stage, but I don't love being pregnant, and I really don't love the sleepless nights. However, I have a friend who is 78 this year and his wife is in her late 40's and they have fostered and adopted many children. The last one was an angel on earth. She wasn't supposed to live as long as she did and I feel she is the true reason I am now pregnant. She passed away in December (she was 2yrs 9mo old) and I planned the funeral for mom and dad. I honestly thought Dad would be the next to go because she was his life, she was HIS baby, he never did anthing without that baby after she had finally gotten out of the hospital and they adopted her almost a year before she passed. However, I did not want any more children, swore I would never have a girl etc. They are still fostering and now I am having another baby. I know I have their support no matter what, they only do babies as foster kiddos anymore, but I truly believe that I was done, but everything happens for a reason. Whatever has been given to me, I will accept, and we were preventing with no "oops". So, although I knew I was done, I will now be done no questions asked because I am getting my tubal when this one is born.
I think when you are "done" you just know. 4 kiddos is more then enough for me to try and handle, for some the number is less, for some the number is more and for some it just depends on the children.
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #18
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I said I was done through my entire pregnancy w/ #5 but dh kept saying nope, we'll try for a girl. I told him he was COOKOO b/c it was gonna be mighty hard trying for a girl ALONE! But now that #5 is gonna be 2 in the fall and I'll only have him home FT and then our 3yr old will be in preschool PT the next 2 yrs I realized that I really DO want another baby. Not now, but later. I'm thinking when #5 starts going to preschool PT and the bigger 4 boys are in school FT, we're out of debt, hopefully we'll have purchased a house, etc. Dh is all for it, he has his days (just like I do) when it's like HECK NO!!! No more kids!! I just want a vacation!! But I really still have a very strong desire to have another baby, nurse another baby, etc. Good luck w/ the decision!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:25 PM   #19
schmitz2308
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post

OMFG THAT "SMILEY"!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I thought!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:34 PM   #20
christi2705
Registered Users
seller

Dh and I were always pretty sure that we only wanted 2. It just seemed like the right number for us emotionally and financially.

Now that we have 2, We are perfectly happy and are both sure that we don't want any more. We acutally were so at peace with our decision before I gave birth that I had my tubes tied during my c-section.