Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:
Amber necklaces

I have one on the way! So, did I waste money lol? Or do they really help?

I'm wondering what dh will say when he sees a necklace on his baby boy. Maybe I'll just take it off before her gets home. Baby can't wear it to bed anyway.

Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Amber necklaces

We love ours. And dh doesn't care about his boys wearing necklaces. But then he also likes that they have long hair. It's nice to be married to a liberated man. And yes the amber really does seem to help Tharen.
iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

My dh didn't want me putting a purple diaper on him the other day. And it was dark purple! I told him it was the color of royalty lol.

Anyway, the can't wear them at night right? I mean, I won't even wear a necklace to bed.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
valerieca
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Works wonders for us....and I was a skeptic at first. When I ordered it I had decided....'Eh, it probably won't work...but it's still cute'

Just be prepared for the laughs and 'yeah rights'... (from friends/family who think it's a crazy idea)

My dh thinks it's a crock.....but he doesn't mind her wearing it. I don't have one for my son though, or he might have an issue...LOL

Personally I can tell a dramatic difference in her happiness while teething if she is wearing it.

Now I want to buy a fancier one to go with nicer outfits....
Old 07-17-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tharen wears his to bed, always has since i bought it when he was around 4months. He sleeps with me so I don't worry about it. The catch with taking them off at night is that usually the worst trouble with teething comes at night. THaren has never had a sleepless night from teething (now from cow's milk sensitivity is a whole other story). I don't think dh really cared either way to be honest, but he does admit that he loves that Tharen isn't a fussy teether like Kearnan was. And from what I understand they work wonders for ear infection pain too, but Tharen hasn't actually had one yet so I'm not sure there. I have noticed that since I started wearing an amber necklace I heal much faster than i used to as well. I never take mine off either.
iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
valerieca
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Annika wears hers to bed most of the time too....
Old 07-18-2007, 09:32 AM   #7
JenMah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love Meredith's. First I bought it for the cute value in hopes it would help the teething. I started taking it off at night but then I noticed that she would obsessively gnaw on her hands and fuss--so now I keep it on all the time. It seems to calm her, so I say it works!

Mommy-Mom to Mason-13, Molly-10, Maguire-5, Meredith-2.5
JenMah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #8
newtocding
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm gonna get one for the cute factor, and if it helps, good for me...altho we have no probs yet and she's 5 mnths old
Old 07-18-2007, 09:37 AM   #9
Bleu
Registered Users

My Mood:

They worked really well for my son.

You'll all laugh at me for this but a few days ago we tried an amber necklace on our puppy who was squealing all night because he is teething. After we put the necklace on him he stopped his frantic chewing and fell asleep in 5 minutes! This was after he had been driving us nuts with his squealing for almost 2 hours. I really didn't know if it would work on an animal too, but in our case, it did!
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #10
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They work. It depends though. I mean, for Jack's first tooth, we didn't even know it was coming in. For the others, no amount of amber wearing, or Motrin giving for that matter, did anything for him.

BUT, I did notice that his amber teething necklace worked wonders for his ear infections! I forgot to redose him with Motrin a few times and he did okay without it thanks to the necklace. He's also running a fever lately and I've had it on him to see if it helps with that.

Jack's always slept in his, since he was about 4 months old. He co-sleeps in our room, but not our bed (stopped around 6 months). We've never had a problem. Really, how is the necklace going to help if it's not left on. It seems to need time to "start working" just like any medicine does, imo. So if he needs pain relief, I keep the necklace on 24/7 minus bathtime.