Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Need some "poopy" help.

Since my son was breastfed his stool was soft. Now that he's done I had hoped it would solidify. He's now been done breastfeeding for 4 months (yes it was child led) and he's still not solid. He moves at least 2-3 times a day which I'm glad for but it's so soft, not water but very runny I have some priobiotics (acidophilus) that I'm going to use but one thing my herbalist suggested was Fiber for Everyone but she wanted around $57 for it. No way.

Any other suggestions?

Come visit my blog or my website for thrifty ideas, remedies, recipes and more. My ISO/IHA.
mandikaake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Need some "poopy" help.

My dd is the same way. Does he have a lot of cows milk or dairy products? DD is lactose intolerant (not terribly but enough to give her the runs). Her poops are still soft but not runny. I know when she's had a lot of dairy b/c she gets the runs.
Mommy to Allison 10/14/05 and Nora 1/2/07
alysia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

My ds is the same! I was so looking forward to the solid poo and it still hasn't happened. He's 2 and potty trained now and it is clearer than ever how unsolid it is when it just dissolves upon hitting the toilet water.

More than one person has mentioned food issues to us related to the loose poo. I haven't looked into it- keep hoping he'll outgrow it. We've tried Kefir (like 5 oz a day) in his sippy but it hasn't really made a diff. He often has lots of undigested bits of food in there too so it seems very possible it could be a digestive issue for us. I was thinking dairy too.

I will be watching this thread to see if anyone knows anything that could help us too!
Wendy :wave2: Single mama to Xander 5/12/05
turtle2who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

If it's not diarrhea, I wouldn't worry too much. DD's poo varies each time, based on what she eats, so I'm never too concerned. TMI, I know, but even mine aren't ALWAYS the same. Unless DC is constipated or having frequent diarrhea, I wouldn't worry. You could always have him checked for a food sensitivity to put your mind to rest, but I personally would probably leave it alone.
Wife to Trevor (5/14), mom to Madison (7/06), and step-mom to Aeden (4/08) and Chase (3/10).
mom2madison06 is offline   Reply With Quote