Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Updated: New Question - Before I get mad (Britax Question)

Ok, I think my head is going to explode. The other issue with the clicking was resolved but answer me this. Where is the manufacturer's date written on the seat? It is on the sticker on the side of the seat written under where the seat was made...right? Well, if so this seat says it was manufactured in 4/06. WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT?? I just paid for a 2007 seat and this one would have been over a year old. I will definitely be returning it if so because it is advertised as a 2007. Golly, nothing is going right today. Also, my seatbelts are black. Aren't all cowmooflage seats with the tan colored seat belts?

Also, I will be posting a picture later but does your cowmooflage seat have a brownish design faded into the background? It is definitely a britax cowmooflage cover but I wasn't aware of the brown background interwoven with it. Weird.

Okay, before I get mad and call Britax to get a new seat can someone see if they can help me?

I just got my daughter's brand new cowmooflage marathon in the mail today. We were getting the positioning set up of the harness height, etc and had my daughter sit in it. There is no "click" when putting the belt into the belt clip. At first one side was clicking and the other wasn't. I loosened both of the seat belts really loose and tried putting them in and then they both "clicked" but once tightened the way it needs to be to keep her safe when I put the belt in it doesn't give the needed "click". It goes in and I can't pull it out but I am not going to use it if it doesn't "click." Plus the manual said it *should* click.

Anyone know what's up?

Advertisement

Last edited by camdensmommy; 07-17-2007 at 10:06 PM.
camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
hapaness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Before I get mad (Britax Question)

Never fear mama! Its supposed to do that. It only clicks when you put the second belt into the belt clip...to make sure its in right.
Thats what I've always been told...I dont remember reading that they are both supposed to click unless something has changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camdensmommy View Post
Okay, before I get mad and call Britax to get a new seat can someone see if they can help me?

I just got my daughter's brand new cowmooflage marathon in the mail today. We were getting the positioning set up of the harness height, etc and had my daughter sit in it. There is no "click" when putting the belt into the belt clip. At first one side was clicking and the other wasn't. I loosened both of the seat belts really loose and tried putting them in and then they both "clicked" but once tightened the way it needs to be to keep her safe when I put the belt in it doesn't give the needed "click". It goes in and I can't pull it out but I am not going to use it if it doesn't "click." Plus the manual said it *should* click.

Anyone know what's up?
hapaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my new boulevard doesnt click
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
hapaness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fastening the BuckleHold the buckle with one hand. .Use the other hand to insert one tongue at a time into the buckle. . Proper connection is confirmed with a positive click after inserting the second buckle tongue.

this is what the manual says....
Old 07-17-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaness View Post
Fastening the BuckleHold the buckle with one hand. .Use the other hand to insert one tongue at a time into the buckle. . Proper connection is confirmed with a positive click after inserting the second buckle tongue.

this is what the manual says....
mine does that
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #6
hapaness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
mine does that
Awesome!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #7
ce&E
Registered Users

It is only supposed to click after the second one is put in the holder but when I got my Cowmooflague one in February it didn't click consistently and Britax sent me a new one very quickly. It took forever to get through on the phone but once I was connected they were super nice and helpful!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #8
momto3Es
Registered Users
Formerly: momto2Es
seller

My Mood:

If it's not clicking consistantly, call Britax for a replacement. But you should definitely hear ONE click when the second side of the harness is buckled in!

Suzi - certified Child Passenger Safety Technician
crazy wife to Nathan, loving mom to Emmit & Evangeline
momto3Es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:54 PM   #9
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The second one is not clicking only the first. Interesting. I will keep messing with it and if it doesn't work I will call for a replacement.

Thanks so much ladies!

camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #10
ldsmom06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My doesn't click all the time! I was just wondering about that!!