Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #1
mariposablue
Registered Users
seller

How is the payout for sending clothes to Twice?

I have a bunch of clothes to get rid of and was going to post on my local FB page but not sure how well I would do. How is Twice for the amount they pay for an item? Is it like $5 each or do you get more for better quality clothes? I have a bunch of dress pants that don't fit and would like to get a bit more for them as they are in excellent condition.

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2015, 01:26 PM   #2
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

Re: How is the payout for sending clothes to Twice?

I think you would do better selling them yourself. I don't think Twice or sites like those pay much for items, even if they are in great condition. I think they are also extra picky on brands and condition and you run the risk of them passing on your items for various reasons, then you may not be able to get them back.

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

It all depends on the brand. Take a look at what similar brands are that they are selling. If they are selling for $25 you might make $3-5, however it's been a while since I've looked at the payout that was a long time ago.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:26 PM   #4
lemonella
Registered Users

I've only sent one box of clothes to Twice, and it was probably over a year ago. I was very disappointed in what I was offered (maybe $1-$3 for most items, $5 for the higher end brands), for things that I felt were in excellent, "like new" condition. They were also very picky about things being in mint condition. In the end I asked for my items back and sold them on eBay. It was more work, but I also made more money.
lemonella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:04 AM   #5
mariposablue
Registered Users
seller

Thanks. I have some EUC dress pants so would want to get more than a few dollars for them. I will try to sell elsewhere (I just need to put the effort in).
Old 03-02-2015, 08:56 AM   #6
Hoping2BaMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposablue
Thanks. I have some EUC dress pants so would want to get more than a few dollars for them. I will try to sell elsewhere (I just need to put the effort in).
What about a kids consignment sale? Usually they are in the spring and fall. That way you can make your own price and I think you'll get more money from a sale verses mailing it in like you originally mentioned.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:48 AM   #7
mariposablue
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping2BaMomma View Post
What about a kids consignment sale? Usually they are in the spring and fall. That way you can make your own price and I think you'll get more money from a sale verses mailing it in like you originally mentioned.
Great idea but I am looking to sell off some of my clothes that don't fit/I don't wear.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:07 PM   #8
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

It is definitely far less than $5 each for almost all items. You may look up any brand, and they give you a range for how much they pay for that brand. The tricky bit is that they will not likely take everything you send (even among approved brands), so your estimation of what you will get based on their ranges may be halved or even quartered. But before you make a decision on what to do, I would use their website to see if the ranges they offer for your most prized dress pants are acceptable to you. Also, there are some high end brands that they simply do not have in their accepted catalog. Those will not be accepted if you send them, so you need to check that it is an acceptable brand before parting with your clothing.

I just sent two large boxes of items. I checked to make sure that everything was in like new condition and from approved brands. However, some items were older than five years old (they simply had never been worn or only 1-3x). Those older items were not taken. They have catalogued their accepted brands and will not take "dated" items even if they are completely classic looks. I was shocked by some of what they did not take. Also, a couple of items that they did not take due to "overall wear" had only been worn 3x, so that was ridiculous. A couple of completely unworn items were deemed "dated."

The bonus with Twice is that you can pay $4.95 to have everything sent back if you do not like their offer. However, there is no way to accept their offer for the items they will take and have the items they will not take sent back. I would have been happy to have done that.

My offers were 1/3 of what I had estimated they would be due to how many items they had rejected. If it were not for the fact that I am moving soon, I think I would have had items returned to me, as *I* would have liked to have held on to some of the items they rejected.

That said, I was reasonably glad for the service even if I wish I had sold some items myself. It takes a lot of energy to list everything on eBay.

I'm honestly surprised at how high their prices are when you look at the site as a customer. At least I know they pick through items well (no doubt better than ThredUp does based on a past purchase with them where I sent everything back), but for the most part, I would not pay those prices for secondhand clothes. They certainly make a steep profit on each item.

You do have the option of receiving 20% more plus a bonus, currently, for any handbags or shoes if you get paid in store credit, but I simply did not see things I wanted to buy. So I opted for paypal.

HTH.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 03-03-2015 at 10:11 PM.
debcita429 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:46 AM   #9
clairitek
Registered Users

Their prices have gone up and their pay out has gone way down since the site started a few years so. There's another site, thredup, that I've been thinking about trying. I was sorely disappointed with their last offer to me. Though I'm sure whoever they donate items they don't accept to must love them because they probably get better stuff than the average goodwill donation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
clairitek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:14 PM   #10
Sexylilswtnez
Registered Users

I wouldn't really do thread up.mtheyve changed drastically since It first opened. I loved how the mom would actually trade for thing. Then thread up became a consignment shop . I understand theater they need to make some money. But their prices are too low. Out of a huge bag that weighed 20lbs. They only took two of my things. Ther were many great quality items in it. Andy hey only paid me $15
Sexylilswtnez is online now   Reply With Quote