Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #11
ltelly00
Registered Users

Re: for those eb******...

I work out of the house and have supplemented with formula for quite some time but she still does nurse a couple times per day. We've tried to switch her off the formula and on to other milk, but she won't tolerate that, even soy milk (she's on soy formula). So for now, she gets sippys of water through the day, 2 bottles of soy formula a day and nurses anywhere from 1-?? times every day. (Usually 2 including middle of the night). She's almost 14 months.

Advertisement

ltelly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:09 PM   #12
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We give water for liquids other then breast milk! I think down the road when our son weans, if he wants milk, we will offer him rice milk...
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:37 AM   #13
4kidzmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DS is 2 1/2 and he gets milk like once a month. He really doesn't like it, so I don't push it.
4kidzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:02 PM   #14
Mommameyer00
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 16monthold gets cow's milk about 4oz at the most is what she will drink. However, she still nurses several times a day too. I think the ped said as long as they get 12-16ozs of calcium a day they are covered. For us, that would be at least two feedings so she really doesn't need the cow's milk but I offer it too.

~Kristi~Wife to Matt, Mom to Katy-8 and Arianna-4 and Gabriel-6/15/09
Mommameyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:10 PM   #15
mommypooh
Registered Users

well my DS is 16 months, he gets Cow milk, water, juice, tea, and just about anything that my DD is drinking. HE has been drinking all of the above from a sippy since about 8 months when he started to steal his sisters cup. No problems with allergies here. The boy nurses like a dozen times through the day and night. I always pour 2 sippy cups now and give them both drinks with every meal and snack. He won't eat hardly anything if I don't give him a drink.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:41 PM   #16
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With Gavin, when he turned 1, I started sending organic cow's milk for his single bottle at daycare (and thus I could put my pump away!), and continued to nurse whenever we were together. He essentially weaned himself at 18 months, so he was on milk or green fruit/veg juice after that. With Claire (10 months), we are obviously still bf'ing. She doesn't really get any other fluids other than bm (aside from the occasional sippy cup of water). When she turns 1, I plan to start introducing organic raw (unpasteurized) cow's milk in small proportion to bm in her single daycare bottle and see how that goes. If she takes to it okay, I will slowly increase the amount of cow's milk and eventually send a full bottle of raw milk for her at daycare and put my pump away again (hallelujah!). Claire is much more emotionally attached to bf'ing than Gavin was, so I really don't expect her to wean herself earlier than Gavin did...
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote