Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
iloveaidan&finley
Registered Users
seller

Nikky Covers

Anyone use these? I'm looking at the cotton and wool. What do you think of these? Where can I get them for a good price and decent shipping? Also, if you want to sell me some, let me know!

Advertisement

Old 07-18-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
Scotch
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nikky Covers

My friend (Sanders76 here and Rachel_Sanders on the Pin) loves the cotton Nikky Covers. Hopefully she'll find this post and respond.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
mommytotommy
Registered Users
seller

We love them. I've used them for my last 3 babies. The breathable cotton is fussy about washing, you can ruin them pretty easily. The wool is not stretchy at all. The breathable poly is my favorite and they are a perfect fit with Elbees. Soooo trim they fit under any clothing we have owned.
mommytotommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
sanders76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really love the cotton with waterproof liner. I think they work extremely well and fit even better...I like the wool as well but I have other wool covers that I like a little better...I just love the stretchy wool covers and the nikkys are very felted very bullet proof though! I really recommend the cotton with waterproof liner and the heavy duty poly! super trim and super bulletproof...everytime I use PUL covers the smell of urine seems to stay on the cover even after it dries so I tend to wash the covers everytime they are used which I hate..but not the nikky cotton or poly I only wash them when they are soiled! I buy mine from babybunz.com she is a very nice woman with excellent customer service and the best price I've seen on these unless you find them on FSOT HTH!!
sanders76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #5
iloveaidan&finley
Registered Users
seller

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
kristini2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we use the cotton ones and really like them. they are really trim cut though so don't work with all of our fitteds.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:47 PM   #7
VioletteCrumble
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveaidan&finley View Post
Anyone use these? I'm looking at the cotton and wool. What do you think of these? Where can I get them for a good price and decent shipping? Also, if you want to sell me some, let me know!
LOVE LOVE LOVE my cotton cover. I don't know why they're not more ubiquitous in the CD world. They work and are so thin you can put a bulky fitted underneath and still get a pair of pants on over them. I forgot where I got mine, I just googled it and bought one after reading about them. I can't figure out what they use to waterproof the cotton with that keeps it breathable.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:56 PM   #8
VioletteCrumble
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders76 View Post
I really recommend the cotton with waterproof liner and the heavy duty poly! I buy mine from babybunz.com she is a very nice woman with excellent customer service and the best price I've seen on these unless you find them on FSOT HTH!!
I just checked out babybunz and saw all the different options. Are the two you are talking about less breathable than the regular cotton one? How do they compare to PUL in terms of feeling like a plastic barrier?
Old 08-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
Scotch
Registered Users
seller

I, too, don't understand why all the regular WAHM stores I shop at don't carry the Nikky cotton cover -- I really like it now that I've tried it! (Thanks, Rachel!) Seriously, I wonder if Nikky and Imse Vimse aren't sister companies. They have similar sizing, same placement of sizing tag, similar style, both have gussets, both have similar wide loop tape across the front and no laundry tabs, and both made in Japan. But they offer different materials and the fit is a bit different; the Nikkys seem trimmer or have more size ranges.

Anyway, I've only used this cotton with waterproof poly lining inside for day time and we're still changing at most every two to three hours. Has anyone ever tried this at night for longer periods of time? I'm thinking of getting some in the next size since DS2 is about to outgrown this size S. I just can't figure out whether to get only the cotton with poly lining since I like it or try something else.

Rachel, you mentioned the cotton with poly liner and the heavy duty poly. What about the breathable poly version - have you tried that? And how does the heavy duty poly *feel* in comparison with the standard PUL cover you have tried? I really don't like the BSWW now that I've tried Thirsties -- love the lightweight cover but dislike the elastic in the front as it leaves red marks on DS2's belly -- the Nikky and Imse Vimse covers. I still use wool mostly but non-wool covers have their place as they are trimmer under clothes.

Last edited by Scotch; 08-05-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:20 AM   #10
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We gave 1 Nikki wool cover and I like it pretty good. I haven't tried any others though so I have nothing to compare it to.