Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
Mommy2JadynandAshlyn
Registered Users
seller

Stupid question?

I have always used disposable wipes and am thinking how they would work with switching to cloth diapers. How do you use the cloth wipes? Dip in water? Isn't it messy? Just wondering!!

Oh and BTW I have purchased my first cloth diapers and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. 2-happy heinys 2-fuzzy bunz 2-blessed bottoms (lady on here) and 2- from a lady on ebay recommended from here yesterday.
I am also going to buy from Nothing butt cloth soon too!!

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2006, 01:12 PM   #2
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stupid question?

Congrats on buying your first cloth!! I'm sure it will be the first of many!!

When I first switched I thought using cloth wipes would be gross!! That lasted a few weeks until I realized what a PITA it was to seperate the sposie wipes from the cloth diapers (I usually put the wipes inside the diaper). So, I started using cloth--it's SO easy. I just toss the wipes in the diaper pail and wash everything together.

I've used every method. I've made my own wipes solution, I've bought "drop" solutions, I've used spray bottles, etc. Now? I just use the easiest method. I wet my wipes in the sink and wring them out, so they aren't soaking. Then, I just fold them and stick them in a sposie wipes container. I leave the lid on that cracked so that it won't get musty/stinky inside. I usually wet enough in the morning to last for most of the day, so they don't ever sit in there more than a few hours.

It's been the best way that I've found. I didn't like most wipes solution, and Camden has super sensitive skin, so he had issues with most EO's (tto, lavender) directly on his bum.

Good Luck! (BTW, sherpa/flannel are my fav combo for cloth wipes!)
Old 06-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #3
cldaniele
Registered Users

You know the squirt bottle you get after you give birth to cleanse your episiotomy? I fill that with fresh water every time I wash diapers (every other day) even thought it could go much longer.

Then, I just squirt some on a wipe as needed. That way there's no chance the wipes/container will get musty. And I think plain water is best for my guy.

As for the diaper bag, you can use a travel shampoo bottle filled with water and do the same.

For extra sticky poo, I squirt a little baby oil on his butt too. But that doesn't happen too frequently.
cldaniele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didnt think I'd use cloth wipes, but someone sent me one with a diaper I bought from her & it was so cute I thought I'd get a few to give it a try. Tried to make my own wipe solution but i think the baby oil in it made my happy heinys repel so I bought dixie drops & thats all I use. I WAS spraying them wet at needed but my dd didnt like to sit still for that so I tried wetting them ahead of time. Now I make enough wet ones in a sposie wipe container & then wash them on diaper wash day (about 8).
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
keeperof3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, this is kind of off your topic, but i just HAD to chime in and say...I have an Ashlynn and Jadyn too :-) both girls.....It is just Too funny :-) I added the extra N to Ashlynn though and thought i was spelling Jadyn my own way :-)....your screen name could work for me too though (except i would be leaving out my little one, Madisyn, lol)....Anyway...just thought that it was pretty cool that we both have the same

Ashlynn (12/8/00) Jadyn (1/3/03) Madisyn (8/16/05) Gavin (7/10/07)
keeperof3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
keeperof3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=cldaniele]You know the squirt bottle you get after you give birth to cleanse your episiotomy? I fill that with fresh water every time I wash diapers (every other day) even thought it could go much longer.

Then, I just squirt some on a wipe as needed. That way there's no chance the wipes/container will get musty. And I think plain water is best for my guy.

[QUOTE]

I do the same exact thing :-) I use some foam northern essence wash on occasion, mainly when she poops to kind of freshen her up

Ashlynn (12/8/00) Jadyn (1/3/03) Madisyn (8/16/05) Gavin (7/10/07)
keeperof3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #7
Shay
Banned

Right now I only use cloth for TP. I use Baby Bits for wet wipes. I mix it up and pour it over the wipes that are fold in a sposie wipe container.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #8
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess im bad but anyways I fill my wipes container about 1/4 of the way filled and throw in a bunch of wipes and use it until they are gone. Ive never had a problem w/ them getting musty

and at first I didnt think I was going to use cloth wipes but it is easier. just put the wipes in the diaper like i did w/ sposies
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote