Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2007, 04:09 PM   #41
aquaamber
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Fattening a two-year-old

I fattened up my daughter with organic whole milk and flax oil. Flax oil is healthy and has a very mild taste. I added it to almost all her food, like veggies, oatmeal, rice..
Ice cream is very sweet, I didn't want to use that, but what about smoothies with milk or yogurt and fruit? My kids love those. I freeze them in popsickle molds too.
By the way... she is pleasantly plump now. She'll never be really big- I'm petite- but at least she doesn't look sickly! After she gained some weight, normal eating maintained it, so I don't feed her the flax oil anymore... I guess she just needed a boost. Worked for me!

Advertisement

aquaamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:11 PM   #42
madmax
Registered Users
Formerly: max*****
seller

I didn't read all the posts but I just wanted to add I have a skinny almost 4 year old dd. She weighs 27 pounds. We aren't concerned. She will probably be built like her daddy who is 6' and weighs 148 pounds. Our youngest dd is 14 months and she weighs 20 pounds.

As long as they are healthy I don't worry about their percentile.
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:07 AM   #43
massbb2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When my oldest ds was 2 years old, I brought him to the pedi after a comment at a cookout. My MIL's friend called him skeletor (totally rude and unacceptable). I went crying to the pedi. At the time he weighed 22 lbs. He was always around the 10% but had just fallen off the chart. He was very picky and grazing all day. We did the best thing I could think to do. We visited a nutritionist. She gave me a lot of suggestions people here have already given. Nuts, peanut butter, flax oil, hagendaz ice cream (all natural ingredients and very high in fat), 1 tbsp of heavy cream per 1 cup of milk... Her biggest suggestion was to schedule meals (leaving a few hours between meals and snacks). We eat bkfst at 7 am, snack at 10 am, lunch at noon, another snack at 3 pm, dinner at 5:30 pm and another snack before bed. DS is 3 1/2 now and 29 lbs (back to 10-15%). He's still super skinny, but eats much better now. We cut out the heavy cream and he's down to 2% milk, but he eats much better and is willing to try new things. I don't make special meals for the kids unless we're eating something spicy or unusual.

Good luck. Be thankful your child isn't overweight. That would be a problem.

Brenda
massbb2 is offline   Reply With Quote