Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
Esthersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyonh gave birth at Inaana Birth Center in Denton TX?

I've heard wonderful things about them, and they are all so lovely in emails and phone. I have an appointment on the 22nd to look around.

I know its a long shot, but wondering if anyone can share their birth experience with me!

Thank you so much!

Advertisement

Rosie, English born and bred, Wife to Josh, Mama to her all American daughters, the delightful little lady Esther Rose (April 06) , Sweet cuddly monkey Rachel (August 08) and sweet little Joel Athanasius (Nov 2010)
Esthersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
spacetygrss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyonh gave birth at Inaana Birth Center in Denton TX?

No. I gave birth at Family Centered Maternity Care Birth Center in Garland, but I can ask around if I remember. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think my SIL did (last year)! I'll try to find out her email addy for ya!
Old 08-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
Esthersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies!
Rosie, English born and bred, Wife to Josh, Mama to her all American daughters, the delightful little lady Esther Rose (April 06) , Sweet cuddly monkey Rachel (August 08) and sweet little Joel Athanasius (Nov 2010)
Esthersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #5
averysmom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacetygrss View Post
No. I gave birth at Family Centered Maternity Care Birth Center in Garland, but I can ask around if I remember. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
Who was your midwife? I have talked to Joyce on the phone and I really liked her.
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #6
spacetygrss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by averysmom View Post
Who was your midwife? I have talked to Joyce on the phone and I really liked her.
Well, both Joyce and Kathleen attended my birth and I saw both of them at my appointments (which are 30 minutes long, BTW). Kathleen actually caught the baby. Joyce is a CPM and Kathleen is a CNM. Both are crunchy, but I feel that Joyce is a little moreso.

Anyhow, it's a great place. I felt comfortable the moment I first walked in there for my childbirth class with Delilah. Everyone there is really nice. HTH!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #7
eviesmommy1106
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacetygrss View Post
Well, both Joyce and Kathleen attended my birth and I saw both of them at my appointments (which are 30 minutes long, BTW). Kathleen actually caught the baby. Joyce is a CPM and Kathleen is a CNM. Both are crunchy, but I feel that Joyce is a little moreso.

Anyhow, it's a great place. I felt comfortable the moment I first walked in there for my childbirth class with Delilah. Everyone there is really nice. HTH!
Yeah that... ITA! I was supposed to give birth at Family Centered Maternity Care as well-- unfortunately, I ended up with pre-e. But both Kathleen and Joyce are WONDERFUL and I so wish they could've attended DD's birth--so much so in fact, that if I ever have any more DC (and live within driving distance of them), they'll be the ones I call!

Funny thing-- I felt that Kathleen was more crunchy than Joyce-- go figure that we should have different impressions of the same people!

Oh, & Delilah is fantastic. I loved her class!
Old 08-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
averysmom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviesmommy1106 View Post
Yeah that... ITA! I was supposed to give birth at Family Centered Maternity Care as well-- unfortunately, I ended up with pre-e. But both Kathleen and Joyce are WONDERFUL and I so wish they could've attended DD's birth--so much so in fact, that if I ever have any more DC (and live within driving distance of them), they'll be the ones I call!

Funny thing-- I felt that Kathleen was more crunchy than Joyce-- go figure that we should have different impressions of the same people!

Oh, & Delilah is fantastic. I loved her class!
I would love to hear your birth story. You see, I have a history of PIH and I would really like to know how they handled it and what they did in the situation.
Delana
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #9
naturalbirthmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know a mama that just had twins there. Jean is very popular with ladies from my old church (fellowship church in grapevine). I have never heard a bad thing about that birth center or Jean.
Autumn ~~ Haley 12, Haven 10, Paisley 7, Sterling 5, Camden 3, Finley 1*the bathroom baby* and #7 due August 2015
I have amazing eyelashes! Wanna know how?? www.beautifullyblessedlashes.com
naturalbirthmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #10
naturalbirthmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and did you know there is a brand new birth center in Hurst?
Autumn ~~ Haley 12, Haven 10, Paisley 7, Sterling 5, Camden 3, Finley 1*the bathroom baby* and #7 due August 2015
I have amazing eyelashes! Wanna know how?? www.beautifullyblessedlashes.com
naturalbirthmama is offline   Reply With Quote