Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #31
BearBumsBoutique
Registered Users
Formerly: johnson_mommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tips for Helping Baby Drop?!?!

Thank you all again! I feel much better about it all. Being a FTM I felt that I should be following what the dr said, but you are right - it's my body & my baby, so I should just let it decide!
Thanks for assuring me that c/s aren't a 'family thing' either, b/c I think that's been my biggest fear this pgcy! It's also great to know that I'm not the only one who's baby didn't drop before labour. I know this one has gotten lower, but I still think it's a little high. I feel better knowing it's not 'abnormal'!
This baby is still put, but now it's up to him/her... I will try the talking thing though! And the belly dancing sounds fun!
GL to all the mamas who are due/almost due too! I hope we all have our natural births!

Advertisement

BearBumsBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:40 PM   #32
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson_mommy View Post
Thank you all again! I feel much better about it all. Being a FTM I felt that I should be following what the dr said, but you are right - it's my body & my baby, so I should just let it decide!
Thanks for assuring me that c/s aren't a 'family thing' either, b/c I think that's been my biggest fear this pgcy! It's also great to know that I'm not the only one who's baby didn't drop before labour. I know this one has gotten lower, but I still think it's a little high. I feel better knowing it's not 'abnormal'!
This baby is still put, but now it's up to him/her... I will try the talking thing though! And the belly dancing sounds fun!
GL to all the mamas who are due/almost due too! I hope we all have our natural births!
What is a FTM?

On the subject of dropping, everyone is telling me my baby has dropped except my MW who told me the last time I had an appt like a week ago that the baby was still up in my ribs and that is why I feel so much movement
Old 07-25-2007, 01:02 PM   #33
BearBumsBoutique
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol, sorry... FTM is first time mom...
Well, I've decided that this baby will drop, and then move up again, over & over... Hopefully yours will drop for you!
Old 07-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #34
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first baby never 'dropped'.. He did engage before labor kicked in, but he just kind of grew down into my pelvis cause he ran out of room. I was all baby from ribs to pubic bone! He was 9lb 7oz.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:35 PM   #35
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
lol, sorry... FTM is first time mom...
Well, I've decided that this baby will drop, and then move up again, over & over... Hopefully yours will drop for you!
I am ok with her staying up if that means she stays "cooking" longer. . . DD#1 made her appearance at 34 weeks and I am not looking for a repeat of that. I am 32 weeks 5 days now. . . It would be nice if she would ease up on the ribs, though. GL with your baby and getting the birth you want and congrats on being a FTM. Do you know what you are having? I vaguely remember what it was like being pg the first time. DD#1 is 3 now. I think I was more skittish then, but I am still a worrywart with this one But that is mostly because I don't want a repeat of last time. I was induced and the pitosin was the worst.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:45 PM   #36
BearBumsBoutique
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 View Post
I am ok with her staying up if that means she stays "cooking" longer. . . DD#1 made her appearance at 34 weeks and I am not looking for a repeat of that. I am 32 weeks 5 days now. . . It would be nice if she would ease up on the ribs, though. GL with your baby and getting the birth you want and congrats on being a FTM. Do you know what you are having? I vaguely remember what it was like being pg the first time. DD#1 is 3 now. I think I was more skittish then, but I am still a worrywart with this one But that is mostly because I don't want a repeat of last time. I was induced and the pitosin was the worst.
Oh! Well I guess you don't need this one dropping just yet! I've heard that about pitocin, so I don't want to have that if at all possible!
GL making it further with this one!!
Old 07-26-2007, 07:00 AM   #37
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Oh! Well I guess you don't need this one dropping just yet! I've heard that about pitocin, so I don't want to have that if at all possible!
GL making it further with this one!!

Nope she can stay for a bit longer I hope we both can avoid pitocin and get the natural births we want and that we both have healthy happy babies.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:02 AM   #38
BearBumsBoutique
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 View Post
Nope she can stay for a bit longer I hope we both can avoid pitocin and get the natural births we want and that we both have healthy happy babies.
Thanks mama! Me too!!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:23 AM   #39
momanderson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hope your baby comes before Sunday for you I'm in the same area as you and have had an induction( 1wk early, hellp syndrome) for my first at the NBGH. That was with Dr. Zeman, but he doesn't deliver babies anymore, YAY!! Dr. Waja has delivered my other 3. I did have to see Dr. Kulkarni for my ob last time though due to my doctors secratary being a dip!
Who is your OB? If you don't mind my asking

As for helping to get the baby down, walking is the best I have found. Even though it can be crazy uncomfortable!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #40
BearBumsBoutique
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momanderson View Post
Hope your baby comes before Sunday for you I'm in the same area as you and have had an induction( 1wk early, hellp syndrome) for my first at the NBGH. That was with Dr. Zeman, but he doesn't deliver babies anymore, YAY!! Dr. Waja has delivered my other 3. I did have to see Dr. Kulkarni for my ob last time though due to my doctors secratary being a dip!
Who is your OB? If you don't mind my asking

As for helping to get the baby down, walking is the best I have found. Even though it can be crazy uncomfortable!
No, Dr Zeman isn't delivering anymore (which made things very interesting a few weeks ago when Waja was called to Africa on family emergency for 3 weeks, and Wong was still on holidays for a week!). I have Waja. He's very nice, but his waiting times are ridiculous!! I was so excited to be outta there in 1.5hrs on Tues because most appts have been 6-8hrs!! I was a little ticked with him though b/c he didnt do a sweep, or even a check, this last appt (already overdue!) and said we'd just wait for the induction on Sunday!

Are you delivering at NBGH again? They have just redone all the rooms with private rooms, a/c & a cot for the daddy! My friend delivered in Nov & they've redone them since then. She's jealous! LOL

I've been walking lots. I'm going to the mall this afternoon to walk a bit more & then probably swimming again tonight. We went down to the waterfront last night & swam & it was the best feeling! haha I was hoping it would be enough, but no such luck! Soon... I'm hoping before Sunday!