Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Tell me what to buy ~ SPAM an dlinks please!!

The next few weeks I will concentrate on doublers and inserts for Lilly's dipes. I am a cd newbie so I need some help here, please don't abreviate as it confuses me. I will cd from the get go so NB and Smalls. I have a variety of diapes so please tell me what will work with what. I truely am dense here as I have not looked into it much and most of my dipes are used and have no inserts.

Okay I have some XS and Sm FB, a VB pocket, a HH pocket and some FF pockets. I also have a lot of KL 0's, some dri line fitteds and some other fitteds. Not to much on the AIO side.

I obviously have no idea if I have a heavy wetter but we do co sleep and I do not want to wake up wet. My other 2 kids are sleepers so I am assuming this one will be as well. I need some info on things that will work during the day and at night.

Thanks!!

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me what to buy ~ SPAM an dlinks please!!

Oooh... since you'll be CDing a NB, definately get a BumGenius One Size pocket dipe (or more LOL)!!! Not only can you dye them yourself w/Kool Aid (my latest addiction) but they really seem to be great for a one size dipe, work awesome overnight and IMO would be a great investment! I surely would have made my stash out of BGs if they'd have existed a year ago!

You can get them at Abby's Lane w/5% discount if you join her yahoo group. Plus free shipping -right now. Soon it'll be only at orders over 25$.
www.abbyslane.com

HTH!

ETA: From my experience w/DS being CD'ed as a NB I can only tell you that they pee a LOT in the beginning. Not necessarily much, but like every hour, so make sure you have enough dipes!!!

Ohh.. how fun to CD a NB!
Old 06-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldnt get many for nb stage if your BF just because youll be changing so much because the poop alot KWIM?
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

I make aio's. The soaker is on top so it has quicker drying times than the ones that are hidden. They are on sale right now too.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresaarrington
I make aio's. The soaker is on top so it has quicker drying times than the ones that are hidden. They are on sale right now too.
Wow, I just looked at your prices, that are some awesome prices, mama!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:44 PM   #6
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Do you have any preemie or infant prefolds? My stash is pretty much all fb's now and prefolds are all I use to stuff them. I have tried cottonbabies inserts, which seem to work fine, and joeybunz inserts, which I don't like too well, but I think that the prefolds are the best thing. We can use them with a snappi or tri-folded in a cover (we use wigglewormbottoms--didn't I sell you some of those?--if that was you your going to LOVE them!) so we don't have to waste money on inserts. I started out wraping the pf's in microfiber towels, but that's kind of bulky and it's overkill for my dd who is a medium wetter, so now I'm just stuffing with prefolds (preemie or infant work fine in small fb's) and prefolds w/a microfiber towel for night time or outings. HTH feel free to pm me if you have any questions!
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #7
Melissa
Banned
seller

I can make hemp/microfiber inserts for pockets, this is my fave combo.. And microfiber doublers for those and aios.
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:01 AM   #8
rlharp5375
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For inserts, Thirsties are AWESOME!!! I have converted all the MOE users I know to them. I love them. They will fit into all normal sized pockets like you listed. They are cheap too. Thirsties Inserts
Here are hemp doublers too Hemp Doublers