Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2007, 08:35 PM   #11
Mama2Trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Land of Volcanoes, Vampires, Werewolves, Sasquatch....
Re: Double Stroller ?'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnegansMom View Post
We only have one now, but I drool over this one....

http://www.philandteds.com/nz/sportdouble_07_1.htm
That's the one I dream about, too!

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2007, 10:30 PM   #12
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I like the Quatro, too. I don't have one, but plan to get one soon. My two youngest are 15 months apart, so I think I need one. We go on walks a lot.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #13
twinsplus2more
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have an 11 month old and 3 year old twins. We had the graco tandem in a different pattern and I used it all the time baby in the carrier seat, one twin in the front and the other likes to walk. Until the one in the front had a temper tantrum, started rocking back and forth and wound up flipping over the stroller with my baby in it. Thank God she was buckled. That was the last time I used my Graco. It seems great in theory but it is also very heavy to push..Now I have a single and my one twin rides, I sling my baby and the other still walks. If you decide on a stroller I would go with a side by side.
twinsplus2more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:42 PM   #14
meco
Registered Users

I only have one, but I do a ton of childcare. I definitely prefer a single stroller and a sling. I never end up using the double, ever. It is bulky, heavy and not necessary IMO.
meco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:05 AM   #15
CourtneyinAlaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No advice, just saying hi.

Hi Shanna!

Last edited by CourtneyinAlaska; 07-21-2007 at 01:07 AM.
CourtneyinAlaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:48 AM   #16
catanded
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a Phil and Ted's e3 that can be used as either a single or double. It's been invaluable to us since #3 was born. When I'm out with them, by myself, I'm pretty much always wearing one child and pushing 2.

With just 2 children, it still would have been great, though not as much of a "necessity."
catanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #17
lisadoni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't suggest a duoglider for an older child and a baby. I got mine used from a mom of twins whose boys were just over two and had gotten too tall for the stroller and could climb out since it only has a 3 point harness. It was great for my twins as small infants since it holds two car seats, but the canopies aren't great and it wouldn't fit in our freestyle once we attached both canopies - plus it is pretty heavy if you plan on taking it on outings.

I just got my Combi LX side by side and I LOVE it!!! It steers easy, canopies offer full coverage, peek a boo windows in top, both seats recline, five point harness, and really cute pattern too. Mine came with cup holders and a little storage bag. I also have a 'sip and stroll' soft cup holder (I got that a few years ago for an umbrella stroller) that velcros on the handle and has a hook on the bottom that you can hang a bag from - since the under storage doesn't hold much. Oh, and the weight limit is 45lbs so if he wanted our 4 year old could sit in it (which he did today briefly).

I think the sit and stand strollers are neat, but I've heard some people say their older child complains because when sitting they are staring at the adult's stomach.

I also looked at this one: http://www.baby-planet.com/products/UnitySport.aspx It sounded great and I loved their recycling program. But it was so new I couldn't find any reviews so I was afraid to spend so much and end up not liking it (there aren't any stores in my area where I could test it out). I also wanted the bars across the front to put toys on and such.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:02 PM   #18
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My thought is having 2 is hard so whatever you can do to make it easier do it! I did have my little one in the sling alot. But when we did walks for mommy they were 2-3 miles and I'm not slinging a baby that far. As Benji got older it was nice because they could both eat snacks in the stroller, and it had shade. I have a similar graco one and I do love it. If you at all like to bike then you can consider a Schwin Mark III (I think that's what is called) Its a double bike trailer that converts to a jogging stroller. This thing has been awesome for after the pool when they are all wet because of the material its made with. So my suggestion is to get 3 slings so you can always find one and get two strollers
Old 07-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #19
mamatutugirls
Registered Users
seller

My girls are 3.5 and 18 months apart and I love the combi side by side! Very light and compact. Fits everywhere! Most of the time dd walks, but the option is there if she needs a ride! Especially at a music event or fair or something like that. Worth the money!
Old 07-22-2007, 07:57 AM   #20
bluetimestwo
Registered Users
Formerly: 2blue1pink
seller

My Mood:

I was against getting a double stroller at first too, especially since they are soooo big and bulky and I drive an itty bitty car I still don't have one, but it's on order so I will soon. Right now I just wear ds#2 and put ds#1 in the stroller, but there have been times when it would have been nice to but ds#2 down in the stroller so I could eat or whatever without having him strapped to me still. We probably still wouldn't have one, but my Dad decided to buy us one LOL. We have the peg perego aria twin on the way.