Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2007, 08:04 AM   #21
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

Re: Double Stroller ?'s

I got the Combi side by side for my 15 mos old and soon-to-be-born. We have a Chevy Cobalt- the trunk is small and the opening is smaller, so I had to find one that would fit. I used this one for my toddler and a 2 yr old and it worked great. I wanted to point out that they have Combi infant seats that snap into it (but it can only hold one, so perfect for an infant and toddler).
The Combi Centre Ex infant seat is on clearance at Babies R Us. I just bought one yesterday (actually, the display model, since they had sold out) b/c it is narrower than others and I have 2 car seats and a booster to fit in my back seat.
Anyway, I think that even if you sling the baby part time, it is nice to have room to set all the stuff!

Advertisement

Old 07-22-2007, 08:07 AM   #22
bluetimestwo
Registered Users
Formerly: 2blue1pink
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner99 View Post
I got the Combi side by side for my 15 mos old and soon-to-be-born. We have a Chevy Cobalt- the trunk is small and the opening is smaller, so I had to find one that would fit. I used this one for my toddler and a 2 yr old and it worked great. I wanted to point out that they have Combi infant seats that snap into it (but it can only hold one, so perfect for an infant and toddler).
The Combi Centre Ex infant seat is on clearance at Babies R Us. I just bought one yesterday (actually, the display model, since they had sold out) b/c it is narrower than others and I have 2 car seats and a booster to fit in my back seat.
Anyway, I think that even if you sling the baby part time, it is nice to have room to set all the stuff!
Is this the combi that folds flat and then in 1/2? I loved that it did that, but it was too "tall" for my trunk if that makes sense LOL
Old 07-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #23
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm still on the look out for a double as the boys will be about 28m apart, but ds1 still takes naps in the stroller...
I only wish I could afford the Philandted ones, right now Im looking at the Graco Quattro Tour Duo or the Maclaren Twin Rally
The combi is out for us, as ds1 is to tall for it, hes knees hit his chest and hes not HUGE for his age
Old 07-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #24
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i love my double...my girls are 12 months apart and we use it a lot to go out on walks. in the stores, etc. i wear the baby in her sling but outside it is easier to put them in the double. they are super nice!
Old 07-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #25
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I have a doub jog and front back. I love both
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #26
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner99

Is this the combi that folds flat and then in 1/2? I loved that it did that, but it was too "tall" for my trunk if that makes sense LOL

Yes, it is. It barely fits in the opening to my trunk, but I actually didn't realize it folded in half at first and put it in just laid flat and that is easier to get it in the trunk. My 15 mos old who isn't crazy about strollers keeps asking to get in this one! My only complaint is no cup holders, but I plan to get some clip ons for me and my toddler. I'll take some pics of it later with the car seat clicked in it and post.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:34 PM   #27
Ima_to_6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Boys #1 and #2 are 20 months apart and boys #2 and #3 are also 20 months apart and we never had a double stroller for them. I always either wore the baby and had the older boy ride or had the baby ride and the older walk. It worked well for us.

I have 22 month old twins and LOVE our Combi Twin Savvy side by side stroller. It is super- can't think of a single flaw other than a smallish basket, but I've never been big on huge diaper bags anyway. We also have an InStep Safari swivel wheel jogger and it is also a very nice stroller.