Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #1
abbycadabby
Banned

My Mood:
S/O Weirdest places you've nursed?

The youtube video of NIP pictures got me thinking...

I'm sure that it has been done before, but can we get a thread of pictures of places we've nursed?

When Decker turns 9 mos, I will have nursed for 2 years of my life (15 mos with DS#1, still nursing DS#2). I could write a book of strange places I've NIP. It never occurred to me with DS#1 to take pictures of the places. This time around, I'm starting a collection.

I'll start:

Decker nursing at 3500 feet at Linville Falls (near Blowing Rock NC)

Advertisement

abbycadabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O Weirdest places you've nursed?

I have not nursed in public yet, I am a bit too nervous right now, maybe one day I will get the courage.

kudos to you mamas who do NIP.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:56 PM   #3
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have NIP in many places. stores,sporting events,the zoo,theme parks,eating etablishments,etc.
The best was during the VS nurse-in. I don't have pics though.
http://www.jdnews.com/news/mall_5690...ia_secret.html
Old 07-20-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
BRIDEN
Registered Users
Formerly: brveille
seller
seller

My Mood:

I dotn have any pics of me nursing, because I am the one who usually takes the pics. But last week while in florida, I nurse in several great places. One being, in teh Apollo 11 room At NASA where they do a reinactment of the Apollo landing on the moon. The other- in teh penguin experience at Sea World.. Both were cool to nurse in. I am just beginnign to get more comforatable NIP. With my first, I never did NIP. With my LO, its getting easier except for the fact he is monkey now to nurse.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #5
jlkhorn
Registered Users
seller

I will nurse just about anywhere and not think much of it, so I'm sure I've nursed in lots of strange places. When ds was about 2 months old I nursed him while I was walking through Target shopping with DD. I also recently nursed him during my eye exam and my psychiatrist appt. Oh, and while walking around the zoo a couple weeks ago (in my rs) I have a pic but it's terrible. It was so hot that day and I look like I belong in the pond with the rest of the hippos.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #6
abbycadabby
Banned

My Mood:

Those are some great places and a great picture!

kattayanna_mom, you're right down the road from me! We're in Fayetteville, NC. We drive through Jacksonville on our way to the beach We're army, but, we're both from around here anyway. I wish I had known about that nurse-in, I'd have been there!
Old 07-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abceasons View Post
Those are some great places and a great picture!

kattayanna_mom, you're right down the road from me! We're in Fayetteville, NC. We drive through Jacksonville on our way to the beach We're army, but, we're both from around here anyway. I wish I had known about that nurse-in, I'd have been there!
That's awesome my best friend's DH is stationed at Fort Bragg.He was a Marine for awhile got out for a few yrs then went Army.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:23 PM   #8
sahminaz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just about everywhere. Weddings, funerals, parks, zoos, buses, trains..Though the oddest was when i had to tandem on a plane. Both of my dds were screaming from ear pain and well..they needed to nurse. I had one on each side. Boy the looksl i got. Another weird place was on a military c-130. All the seats are facing each other and are jump seats. On a 5 hour flight, i wasn't going to NOT nurse my dd.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I NIP if I have to. I prefer to nurse at home, in the car, or in a room. I nursed during the Epcot ball ride at Disney. It is pretty dark and calm and the ride is pretty long. I am all about being discreet.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #10
abbycadabby
Banned

My Mood:

Ok, a c130? What were you doing on a c130? LOL. I can't even imagine traveling with little ones on a c130. Nursing DS #1 on a regular airplane was bad enough.

The epcot ride? Ok, I've never been to epcot, but I've got to say that trying to nurse on a ride would probably make me sick. I prefer to nurse at home, too. When we're in public, I really prefer to nurse in our minivan. The arm rests in the passenger seat are particularly comfy for nursing, and it's quiet and peaceful. (and air conditioned ) My main problem with NIP now is that my son loves to look around and it's hard to get him to concentrate. If he's really hungry, though, we don't have that problem!