Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2006, 09:32 PM   #11
falcon2
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is this baby cute or not?

I used to work in Chicago booking kids/babies for fashion catalog photos. I worked for a photographer managing his studio. We shot kids for Montgomery Ward, Meijers, Sears, etc....I can tell you that no reputable agency would charge a fee for representing a model. If they believe that model can work, they will promote the model without cost. With kids models, I can see that there will be expenses for photos, the mother will have to expect to pay a photographer to take pics of her kids and to produce a "card" with all the relevant stats, etc, but as far as promotion of that material--websites, getting clients interested, etc--THERE SHOULD BE NO FEE. Any "agency" that is charging a fee is ripping you off and is not a reputable agency. Period. There are really lame "agencies" out there, but anyone in the business knows who they are and they just don't book from them, so whatever jobs this so-called agency is trolling for has to be bottom of the barrel, if that--I'd say they are just taking the money--it happens--a lot.

As far as my "professional" opinion about this baby--(mind you, this was 15 years ago), she is cute enough, but truly, the cuteness factor is right up there with importance of personality and good-nature. You can have the most gorgeous baby ever and if she won't smile, forget it. In that case you'd rather have the homely baby because a relaxed, happy child is best to work with and produces what the client wants in the quickest amount of time. Getting the job is a lot of the agency vouching for the child's personality, or if she goes on rounds and introduces her child to clients looking for models she will be able to help things along. Anyway, she's a cute kid. If she can smile like that on a job with stylists poking at her and lights flashing in her face she could work.

Good luck! And really, tell her not to pay for anything, unless she is paying a photog for pics. Thats it.

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2006, 09:53 PM   #12
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

She's adorable!
Old 07-01-2006, 01:32 AM   #13
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

I think she is cute, but I think it takes more than cuteness or beautiful eyes. I live in the L.A. area and it is all about who you know. I know that you can break through from nowhere, but big jobs do require some sort of hookups.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:05 AM   #14
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

I think she's adorable! However, i have a friend who does modeling with her daughter, and there is a lot more to it than cuteness. Someone mentioned a unique feature, and I'll second that. And this baby is darling, but not special to an outsider, you know? Not knowing her, she looks like SO many other cute babes I've seen. I think they key though is if her personality can win over the "model people", cuz if she's cranky, they'll just send her home

Tkae my opinion with a grain of salt though, I'm not a big fan of kids modeling, so they may impact my opinion.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #15
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Old 07-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #16
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean
I agree with these momma's I had a friend how paid a company $500.00 and she even went to l.a. and everything but still 7 years later no jobs no pics.......nothing what a rip off. a good company will not charge to represt you and get a job for the model..................as far a your question goes I think all babies are BEAUTIFUL but I think that babies have only a limited time being models since they grow up KWIM? have her wait till she is 3-4 years old with some more hair I think she is going to be very cute! Not to mention she does have to have a great personality!

I hope your friend makes a good choice also 1 more thing is there is a company to give a year contract for $100.00 to include website does that include photo session fees and pictures too? if it does that is a great deal and that is less of a loss then say $500.00.

HTH
Old 07-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #17
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree she's cute, but not if I saw her in the street she'd just be another baby. I don't see anything extra special, though from snapshots it would be different than in person or with professional shots.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #18
beckers1111
Registered Users
seller

I always see lots of ugly babies as models. I think at that age it really takes a great personality and very calm mannered baby. That is what wil get her jobs, not her looks.

that being said she has beautiful eyes!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #19
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

She is very cute but I am not sure about model quality either. i am not an advocate of baby modeling at all so my opinion is definatly biased.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:28 PM   #20
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyofthemoon
I think she's adorable! However, i have a friend who does modeling with her daughter, and there is a lot more to it than cuteness. Someone mentioned a unique feature, and I'll second that. And this baby is darling, but not special to an outsider, you know? Not knowing her, she looks like SO many other cute babes I've seen. I think they key though is if her personality can win over the "model people", cuz if she's cranky, they'll just send her home

Tkae my opinion with a grain of salt though, I'm not a big fan of kids modeling, so they may impact my opinion.