Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
jennifer.kite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone here have to eat Gluten Free??

My Husband is Gluten intolerant and we are in desperate need of recepies that are tasty. He's like most southern men and looks at me like I'm crazy when suggesting the use of veggies other than corn or potatoes for recepies. Help!!!!

Advertisement

myIHA
jennifer.kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
patty_o_furniture
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone here have to eat Gluten Free??

My FIL is allergic to gluten, but he is still able to eat corn and potatoes, just not wheat type goods.

It's been my mission (LOL) to find recipes for cookies and cakes (and even doughnuts!) for him. It is getting a lot easier to find Gluten Free flour and goods now, only five years later.
patty_o_furniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
newmom91403
Registered Users

My Mood:

My mom has gluten intolerance so she started me on eating gluten free. Check out this site. Had lots of recipes. Your hubby should be able to eat potatoes with the gluten free. Gluten is in some things you wouldn't think like soy sauce. We have had some really good brownies for gluten free mixes and I really like Whole Foods Gluten free bakery goods.
http://www.glutenfreeda.com/
Old 07-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
ellismommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

My mom, myself, my daughter and my husband are all wheat/gluten intollerant. We're also lactose intollerant so we cook everything with soy milk. I'll leave a few tips on here but if you need more I have a TON of info/recipes/tips so pm me if you'd like

You should go on to http://www.pamelasproducts.com/history.html They have every kind of baking product you can think of and they tast AMAZING!! I made the cupcakes for my daughters b-day and no one could tell the difference. Pamelas amazing bread mix is truely amazing. I've tried a lot of the gf breads and they are terrible but this one you bake yourself and it's heaven! They sell in bulk on amazon but most stores that have a natural section usually carry it. The pancake and baking mix I use for everything!! I make awesome fried chicken, bread anything with it, add it to soups etc. As far as recipes go... what I have figured out is that you can use all of your sam recipes with the new ingredients. Pamelas also has a recipes section to help you out. Also check out celiac.com that will have a ton of info for you. We eat lots of rice, potato's, and corn... so your husband can still eat all that stuff.

Loving being Cameron's wife , and a SAHM to Rylee Lauren (3) & Lincoln Noah (11 months)
ellismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
jennifer.kite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do know that He can eat potatoes and corn. He know's it's safe and it's about all he eats. I'm wanting to diversify our diet. Thank you ladies for directing me to places to go and look for food stuffs and recepies.

myIHA
jennifer.kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
katy101
Registered Users

my husband was diagnosed with Celiac disease about 4 1/2 yrs ago. I've used a lot of the recipes at celiac.com. Overall, they've been good. Also, a lot of the flours (soy, coconut, rice, etc.) come with recipes for different baked goods on them and the flour companies' websites have more as well. Good luck!
katy101 is offline   Reply With Quote