Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
akcosten
Registered Users

A few questions about Berry Plush...

I've been coveting the Berry Plush minkee covers but I have a couple of questions before I plop down some $$ to buy them:

1. Are there any issues with re-using them? I always thought that PUL covers could only be used once before needing to be washed but the Jamtots website says you can re-use the Berry Plush covers up to 3 times as long as they are not soiled...any stink issues when doing this?

2. I assume some of the PUL will be in contact with the baby's skin, particularly at the wings...anyone find this to be a problem? PUL just isn't as soft and it's synthetic so that's why I'm wondering...

TIA!

Advertisement

akcosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #2
Nadmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: A few questions about Berry Plush...

I reused them fine and if anything the inner pul makes this easier since it doesn't absorb the moisture.

I had no problem with the pul being against the skin and depending on what type of diaper you are using very little of the pul actually rubs against the skin. The minkee fabric is on edges.

Also, just thought i would mention that I am pretty sure minkee is a synthetic fabric, it is not a natural fiber.

Maybe someone else will know more

BTW - they are great!

Barefoot Books
Nadmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:37 PM   #3
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Minkee is 100% polyester. I have a berry plush. It's uber soft and I like it, but don't love it b/c of the fit. I think the wings come down really low and for my chunky thighed DS, it isn't the best fit. Maybe a large would be better...

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:42 AM   #4
jodi5
Registered Users

I wouldn't think reusing would be a problem as PP's have said. I reuse my pul covers all the time, sometimes they can last the day if not soiled.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:08 AM   #5
akcosten
Registered Users

Ah, you learn something every day! I really thought I had to wash PUL covers after every use, good to know I don't have to do that

I know minkee is 100% poly but that isn't a big deal since it will be on the outside of the cover....I love minkee, I use it on the inside of the mei-tais that I make, sooooo soft and cuddly!

Thanks for answering my questions
akcosten is offline   Reply With Quote