Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #11
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Disect my schedule, please.

I bought the jay gordon vaccine movie for my local Holistic moms network group-it's fantastic! Also Dr Bob Sears has a great web page that explains what each disease is that the vaccines cover and also the safety (per reported averse reactions) of each vaccine-I found it very helpful-I'll see if I can find it and post a link

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2007, 01:14 PM   #12
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaRhi View Post
I have a 6 yr old dd and I am deciding wether or not to vax w/ the Guardasil. I was going back and forth w/ it with a friend of mine who's in nursing school and did a paper on HPV. What she was telling me was making sense, but I still am unsure.
You still have at least 3 years to decide. The youngest they have ok'd it for is 9 and even then it won't hurt to wait longer than that if you're still unsure.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #13
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaRhi View Post
I have a 6 yr old dd and I am deciding wether or not to vax w/ the Guardasil. I was going back and forth w/ it with a friend of mine who's in nursing school and did a paper on HPV. What she was telling me was making sense, but I still am unsure.
Not be a scaremonger, but there was an article recently about 2 teenage girls (17 & 19, I think) who DIED after getting Gardasil (due to massive organ failure, I believe - I read the VAERS reports, but have forgotten the details as my dd is only 2!). Compare that to the actual chance of catching one of the 4 HPV strains it protects against, add in the chance of it then developing into cervical cancer and then add in the very good survivability of that type of cancer. Is the trade-off worth it?
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #14
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
Well, I don't do any vaxes, so if you ask me they're all unnecessary. Rotateq (rotovirus) was left out, but not all ped's do it. And Gardasil (cervical cancer vaccine) Hib- not a threat if bf'd and they are home.....I never researched much after that since that's what we do so if dc is in daycare or ff I can't help you there. IPV - wild polio has been irradicated in the u.s. for nearly 3 decades now. You CAN catch polio from the polio vaccine (OPV, not IPV though) so it's possible to catch it but IPV does not protect against OPV strains. DTaP - Diptheria is very very very rare. IIRC less than 10 cases in the entire u.s/year. Tetanus - is in my frank opinion....a worthless one. Even if you catch it naturally, you are still not considered immune.....so how is a vaccine supposed to? Pertussis - not a threat if over 6 months of age, and you are not considered fully immune until you receive 3 doses....the earliest that could be is 6mo. MMR - All are fairly harmless if you ask me....a lot of people compare them to CP.
Wow! I could have written that - exactly what I was going to say! Many of the diseases that have vaccines are actually quite mild in an otherwise healthy child (mumps, measles, rubella, CP) and other are not an automatic death sentence as FDA & CDC would have you believe (pertussis, diphtheria, polio, HiB). FYI we don't vax, so I also believe they are all unnecessary! Remember you can always do them later, but you can't undo them.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote