Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
anyone else have VERY different pregnancies from your others?

i'm not sure if my ? makes any sense but here's what i mean lol

with this pregnancy (my 3rd) i've had SO many skin issues and i NO skin issues with my others! not only have i had pupps on and off for a couple months now (some of you may remember my ? about that lol), now i have VERY dry skin...itchy red palms, sometimes w/rash sometimes w/o. the pregnancy mask...very dry skin very itchy/sometimes painful skin on my feet. tag warts have been a fun irritation as well...along with some strange "rash" on my neck. my stretch marks actually become open wounds sometimes...it's ridiculous!!!! does anyone else have extreme "symptoms" in one pregnancy that they didn't have in another? or does anybody else share my irritation/pain with the skin issues!!

and yes, i lotion....i lotion very well, with very good lotion.

Advertisement

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #2
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone else have VERY different pregnancies from your others?

My two pregnancies have been very diffrent but I have been fortunate enough that it was my first that was worse.
I am having two summer babies born almost exactly 2 years apart so I was expecting to be seriously swollen by this point since I was with my ds but I am not. I also had crippaling carpol-tunnel by the time I was 33 weeks with my ds and I have had just minor pins and needles at night time with this pregnancy. I use to wake up nightly just crying like crazy because of the pain with my ds.

I haven't had any new stretch marks (knock on wood) with this prgnancy, but I am still going to grow so who knows.
I had many issues BFing my ds and had to stop at 5 weeks, but with this pregnancy I have been leaking colustrom since 16 weeks and I am really hopeful that it is a good sign that things will go well.

I really can't complain about this pregnancy at all when I compair it to what i had with my ds, kind of makes me really want a third! lol
Old 07-02-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

hehe we're due at almost the same time mama! lets see who gets there first! i'm glad yours is going so well! another major difference for me, but a wonderful one is that i haven't had any signs of preterm labor yet! this is such a wonderful blessing for me...but i still wish i wasn't littered w/so many skin problems b/c that can be and is miserable! as much as i'm grateful for no pt...i cannot ignore painful itchy skin!

Old 07-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #4
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was deathly ill the last time I was pg. This time I haven't been sick at all.

Quote:
I had many issues BFing my ds and had to stop at 5 weeks, but with this pregnancy I have been leaking colustrom since 16 weeks and I am really hopeful that it is a good sign that things will go well.
I don't know you personal history but if you do have problems make sure you get some support. You should try to get to a LLL meeting now so you will have the support in place when the baby comes. I had a rough start in bfing, mastitis, cracked bleeding nipples, thrush and I was able to get threw that (with support) to enjoy bfing still (my 27mth old). With out the support I wouldn't have been able to do it.
I find it interesting that you have been leaking colostrum at 16 wks. Leaking makes no difference in what you bfing success will be (although I hope you have a great experince).
angel0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #5
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

My last pregnancy was horrible and the others were not. Yes they can be very different or exactly the same, or anywhere in between.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #6
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

i started leaking colostrum at around 2 months along with all my pg's. i don't think however that that would have anything to do w/your success at nursing. my first ds nursing him was a dream from the get go. with my second i did have to deal with cracked and bleeding nipples...but i'm a stubborn one and i got through it!

Old 07-03-2006, 09:48 AM   #7
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All of my pregnancies have been different. With Olivia (my first) it was pretty standard: ms in the first trimester, second was great, and third I had carpal tunnel syndrome really bad. Then with Sophia (my third) it was complicated. I had complete previa so I was on bedrest in the hospital with most of the pregnancy, my facial hair grew (that was weird) but I had m/s almost the entire pregnancy and almost ended up getting a pain pump installed. Then with Aidan (current pregnancy), its been a breeze until the last week where I have developed carpal tunnel syndrom again so bad that Im going to a chiropractor. Each one is very different.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:04 AM   #8
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All three of my pg's were different, but they get better each time around.
elioraimmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #9
lastaats
Registered Users
seller

This is my 3rd and it's TOTALLY different than my others.
I've been sick since day 1, while i hardly threw up at all w/ the other two. And i gained weight all over w/ the others, but this one is all in my belly. It basicly seems like the exact opposite of the others. Makes me wonder if this one is actually a girl...?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:57 AM   #10
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

quite possible it's actually a girl...my other two were boys and so is this one. 1st one i had some nausea in the begining and that was it, other than my pt labor and bedrest b/c of it it was a dream pg. the second one i had more severe nausea and pain in my hip the entire time, i could hardly walk at night...so on with the pain stuff. began to feel really good at the end and then i had pt labor with him and bedrest in the hospital for a month. now this one i flat out had "all day" sickness (lol), pain in both hips but i can still walk at night and then ALLLLLLLLLLL the skin issues. so the first two were different from eachother, but not THAT different...then there's this one! and all boys...at least the u/s said its a boy lol.