Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
kayleesmom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,490
My Mood:
Give me your fab enchilada recipe using beef

Give me your fav enchilada recipe using ground beef.

Advertisement

kayleesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
ashley84's Avatar
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,611
My Mood:
Re: Give me your fab enchilada recipe using beef

I don't know how fab it is. We just brown 2lbs of hamburger and mix in a couple of taco seasoning packets. We prefer the cheesy taco meat seasoning. We roll the burger into tortillas and line them up in baking dishes. We cover them with red enchilada sauce and top them off with lots of shredded cheese. Then I bake them at 350 for a half an hour or so. Then we eat them up like they are going out of style!

ETA: Here's a pic from my FB food album. I put a layer of re-fried beans into each of these:

__________________
Liz (12 yrs), Jake (Feb '10), Josie (Sept '12), & Josh (Sept '13)
My 365: http://toomanyjs.blogspot.com/

Last edited by ashley84; 02-11-2013 at 10:46 AM.
ashley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
mom2jirms's Avatar
mom2jirms
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in a grove with a fox by the river
Posts: 5,141
My Mood:
Ive made them several different ways using beef.
I fry each corn tortilla in oil and draining on a papertowel of course (my mom did it this way) and added the seasoned with salt and pepper ground beef with onions or corn even sometimes potatoe...rolled them up, poured the enchilada sauce over them and topped with cheese. After baking and serving id top it with a dollop of sour cream YUM.
That may very well be the TexMex version
__________________
Hi :wave2: I'm Rosie wife to Mark and mother of 5 humonoids..Janessa('93) Isaiah('97) Reanna('99) Mylee('06) and Shawn('08)

Last edited by mom2jirms; 02-11-2013 at 11:00 AM.
mom2jirms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
mommabritt's Avatar
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
Posts: 9,876
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley84
I don't know how fab it is. We just brown 2lbs of hamburger and mix in a couple of taco seasoning packets. We prefer the cheesy taco meat seasoning. We roll the burger into tortillas and line them up in baking dishes. We cover them with red enchilada sauce and top them off with lots of shredded cheese. Then I bake them at 350 for a half an hour or so. Then we eat them up like they are going out of style!

ETA: Here's a pic from my FB food album. I put a layer of re-fried beans into each of these:
Yummy!!!
__________________
Hi, I'm Brittney
Wife to one amazing man.
Mom to FOUR amazing blessings.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 13,352
Re: Give me your fab enchilada recipe using beef

I like to brown the ground beef, mix with some sort of cheese sauce, salsa, and possibly refried beans, then roll that mixture up into tortillas (we prefer wheat), pour enchillada sauce on top, put more cheese on top, then bake and eat.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
Leah52's Avatar
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Clifton Forge, VA
Posts: 6,653
Re: Give me your fab enchilada recipe using beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jirms View Post
Ive made them several different ways using beef.
I fry each corn tortilla in oil and draining on a papertowel of course (my mom did it this way) and added the seasoned with salt and pepper ground beef with onions or corn even sometimes potatoe...rolled them up, poured the enchilada sauce over them and topped with cheese. After baking and serving id top it with a dollop of sour cream YUM.
That may very well be the TexMex version
This is the Mexican way and how I do mine, except after frying I dip each tortilla in the sauce before filling and rolling. I love beef and potato enchiladas.

Technically if you're stuffing flour tortillas with refried beans and pouring sauce over then they are wet burritos.
__________________
Jesus follower, pacifist, homeschooled, homeschooling mama of 5
For there to be peace at home there must be peace in the heart. ~Lao Tzu
Leah52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
myoo
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 789
My Mood:
Re: Give me your fab enchilada recipe using beef

I always make this recipe. It is soooo fantastic!
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...eef-Enchiladas
__________________
Proud mom to a perfect little boy born 3/16/11 and a precious baby boy born 4/24/14
myoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
theonenonlymrssmith's Avatar
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,246
These are a bit of effort but worth it!! The best enchiladas you will ever have hands down. I would bet a diaper on that!

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/15060/enchilada-sauce

Triple the cumin, and add 1 sm can tomato paste to that recipe.
Use dried chiles and skip the roasting part, just deseed, cover in a cup and a half of water and simmer for 30 minuets
Oh yeah, use butter not olive oil. Or bacon grease works too.

Cook your meat, and hen statue in a bunch of cilantro and chopped green onion with 4-6 garlic cloves minced. And then season with 1.5 tablespoon of this taco seasoning add in a can of drained black beans

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/46653/taco-seasoning-i

Use flour tortillas, not corn, and a pepper jack / mild cheddar cheese blend.

Roll the meat mixture and a bit of cheese in a tortilla, top with sauce and cheese and bake at 350 for about 30 minuets or until bubbly.

Last edited by theonenonlymrssmith; 02-11-2013 at 04:27 PM.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
lisaaag's Avatar
lisaaag
Banned at Users Request
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,101
My Mood:
Re: Give me your fab enchilada recipe using beef

This is the recipe I use, it is so good. Your house will smell like a mexican cantina when you're done.

Filling:

1 # Ground Beef or Chicken
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
7 oz can green chilies
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cilantro
tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tomato
1 avocado
sour cream
shredded lettuce
12 oz shredded cheddar

Sauce:

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
3 beef bouillon cubes
1 tsp cilantro
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp pepper
2 1/4 cup water
And here's video of it being made.
__________________
Wife, mother, domestic goddess
lisaaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
mom2jirms's Avatar
mom2jirms
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in a grove with a fox by the river
Posts: 5,141
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah52

This is the Mexican way and how I do mine, except after frying I dip each tortilla in the sauce before filling and rolling. I love beef and potato enchiladas.

Technically if you're stuffing flour tortillas with refried beans and pouring sauce over then they are wet burritos.
Yes I've tried the dipping in the enchilada sauce once too yummy!!
And whaddaya know we had enchiladas tonite :-)
__________________
Hi :wave2: I'm Rosie wife to Mark and mother of 5 humonoids..Janessa('93) Isaiah('97) Reanna('99) Mylee('06) and Shawn('08)
mom2jirms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.