Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS came home with a bump on his head!!

DS came home from summer school with a bump on his head.

I can't believe the school didn't call me or at least send a note telling me what happened. When I first asked him about it he said he fell, now he's saying he hit his head on a bucket on blocks when he was trying to get it down to build a fence for his animals.

Advertisement

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
slomom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: DS came home with a bump on his head!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocho View Post
DS came home from summer school with a bump on his head.

I can't believe the school didn't call me or at least send a note telling me what happened. When I first asked him about it he said he fell, now he's saying he hit his head on a bucket on blocks when he was trying to get it down to build a fence for his animals.
I hope he's okay... Ask his teacher tomorrow what happened and tell them to please let you know either verbally or written when your DS gets hurt at school. My LB broke his arm at school and they didn't tell my mom and I until he was dismissed for the day. We were furious and told the principal to call us immediately if anything happened again, or we'd take my LB elsewhere for his education.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think part of the problem is that I never see the teacher. He rides the school bus to and from. It's a kindergarten readiness program. Thanks goodness he only has a couple days left and then we finally get a summer!!

It doesn't look as bad as it did when I first posted. But there is a big red bump on his forehead.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #4
Sabey-baby
Registered Users
seller

Maybe the teacher didn't know about it? If he's like my ds, he might not always react to that kind of stuff. The other day I looked over at DS#1 and he had a cut across his forehead--blood dried across it, but not yet scabbed. I'd been in the room next to him all afternoon (he was in the playroom and I was folding laundry in my room). I asked him what happened and he told me, "I'm okay, don't worry about it." He does that sometimes, depending on his mood. Other times he'll barely stubb a toe and collapse in agony and cry for an hour about it So maybe, it was one of those moments, where your DS just kept on keeping on without stopping to let anyone know he'd bumped it?

Just trying to think of reasons. Sorry, though It's so hard when things happen to LOs and you're not there to know about it.
1/10/03, 2/2/06, 7/17/08, #12/19/11
I sew.
Sabey-baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
KV Boo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In my daughters school unless it's something that they have to go to the nurse for i never find out about it till they get home.

Mommy to Tatiana 12 years old
Stacy 10 years old and Gabriella born August 3, 2006 My little baby girl!!
KV Boo is offline   Reply With Quote