Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2007, 03:37 AM   #11
AddysMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: need your input. baby shower gifts...long

i would get her a boppy, LLLs Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, some Lansinoh, and some soothies.
all can be happily used, or taken back to the store for something more... bottley

Advertisement

Old 07-25-2007, 12:03 PM   #12
icanonlyimagine
Theres a Scent for that!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof3 View Post
I don't think it would offend her, but I dont know her. I think if I were you I would talk to her and see how she reacts to you. That sounds like a cool gift! Good Luck
my sentiments exactly good luck mama
Old 07-25-2007, 09:12 PM   #13
Corey3739
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would want a gift I have given to be useful to the person I was giving it to. I would keep the gift "breastfeeding helpful" without being totally breastfeeding support/pushy. I would go with a Boppy pillow (can be used for ff and for when baby is learning to sit), maybe a sling or other carrier, and The Baby Book (has info on both types of feeding but really encourages bfing). You could slip in some info on a local LLL group or other BF support groups and offer any help if she chooses to BF. All of these things would be helpful to a BFing mom but wouldn't go unused by a mom who decided to FF.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #14
radmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My sister was not into b'fing. She wasn't successful w/ #1 and didn't seem gung ho about #2.

I'm a b'fing nazi. It would've killed me to see her throw in the towel. I bought her a Medela PIS with no strings attached. I told her if it was 'too wierd' for her to latch the baby on, she could just pump. Plus, it would save her tons in formula costs.

I'm happy to say, she was pleased with the pump. She used it and was so excited to be able to feed her baby without having to buy formula. She has a great nursing relationship with the baby and I sleep in peace knowing I did what I could.

My point is, if it is in your heart to give her the gift. Do it. If she decides not to bf, it is not your fault. Be as supportive as you can and let her know you're there. If your gift goes unused, it isn't your problem.

You seem like a very caring mama!
Old 08-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #15
mommy020507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i dont read others but i was thinking send what u think helped u so much liking breastfeeding.. maybe she needs some help to make breastfeeding more easier etc like that like waht she would really need for start when nursing newborn, like pads, lanisoh, something to m ake it feel better becausefirst time nursing is very painful and she prob thinks nah im not continung so give her things what would helkp her feel better and overbeat it then she will enjoy ur hints and helps
Old 08-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #16
radmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy020507 View Post
i dont read others but i was thinking send what u think helped u so much liking breastfeeding.. maybe she needs some help to make breastfeeding more easier etc like that like waht she would really need for start when nursing newborn, like pads, lanisoh, something to m ake it feel better becausefirst time nursing is very painful and she prob thinks nah im not continung so give her things what would helkp her feel better and overbeat it then she will enjoy ur hints and helps
That is a great idea!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:45 PM   #17
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Maybe it will be the encouragement she needs?
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #18
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: need your input. baby shower gifts...long

I say talk to her first,offer your support and get her a Boppy! We absolutely love ours and DD still snuggles on it to read board books!

I wan't the new model with the stretchy 'MIRACLE MIDDLE' next time I'M BF'ING a LOL! I am fluffy and need the stretch.Sigh
Old 08-10-2007, 11:48 PM   #19
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMamma38 View Post
I say talk to her first,offer your support and get her a Boppy! We absolutely love ours and DD still snuggles on it to read board books!

I wan't the new model with the stretchy 'MIRACLE MIDDLE' next time I'M BF'ING a LOL! I am fluffy and need the stretch.Sigh
lol! Want one of mine?? My office threw me a shower and I was asked to make a registry... I ended up with TWO of them!! And the covers come off! I can't wait to use them.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:56 PM   #20
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You could just make her a mini-BFing Kit and that way you don't have to waste so much money if she doesn't use it all and at least you tried. And maybe those items will help encourage her to BF. I always try to throw in some really important things like breastpads, Soothies and Lansinoh nipple ointment to baby shower gifts b/c sometimes FTMs just don't know about that stuff before they need it.
Good luck! You seem really nice to even be concerned! I hope she succeeds at BFing. Maybe you can turn her on to some BFing or LLL groups in your area!