Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
vegmama
Registered Users
seller

WWYD? New diaper not sewn properly

I just got a diaper/training pants in the mail for ds today. We're ec'ing, so there teeny tiny and so soft. But, the stitching around the waste didn't catch, and about an inch of the elastic is showing. I can fix it up myself, but these weren't cheap, so I wonder if I should write the person they came from? Or, do I just fix them and move on?

Advertisement

vegmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
Baileybai
Registered Users

Location: Wherever the Air Force tells us to go. LOL Finally back in San Antonio!
Re: WWYD? New diaper not sewn properly

well, here's my You didn't pay for a defective diaper. I would write the person you bought it from. A year ago I would have just fixed it myself but I've had a few diapers since then that were majorly defective. At first I felt bad saying anything then I realized I had every right to. As you mentioned you paid quite a bit for the diaper, why should you have to fix it? Besides that, I think it would be helpful to the person selling them to know of the defect. Look at it this way...the diapers I had a problem with last year ended up being recalled because of defects...what if noone had said anything about it...the company wouldn't have know about the problem. Okay, so you're diaper probably works fine...just missing stitching...but you get what I'm trying to say, right?
Old 07-02-2006, 04:45 AM   #3
vegmama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks. You are very right. I was thinking along the same lines as what you said, but wasn't sure I felt right about it. I will take a picture of it, and contact them today.
vegmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:12 AM   #4
Jcrsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would def contact the wahm, maybe she didn't see the error?
Jcrsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:14 AM   #5
beepsmnms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know as a WAHM I would want to know if a defect was found so as to "make it right" with either a partial refund or actually fixing it myself. I'd hate to lose a customer over a defect. Definitely email her, I'll be she'll do what she can to make it right, if not, her loss of a customer eh?