Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #11
jodi5
Registered Users

Re: be honest with me . . .

My son's clothes were always damp with a hemp fitted and wool. What I finally did was get fleece pyjama's to go over our wool and voila, dry clothes. For us, wool just doesn't work with clothes.

Another option I just tried that works is this cover with trifolded prefold and doubler. I couldn't believe it. There is a one year leak guarantee. www.tootleshells.com

Advertisement

jodi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:18 PM   #12
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

Isabel can pee thru the VB Simply Nights, too. The *only* dipe I have that I can use without a doubler is a custom night fitted from Blackbird Lane. Terri made me an awesome night dipe: outer is knit, hiden hemp layer, inner is microfleece. The snap-in trifold is three layers of hemp, so when it's folded there are nine layers, and it's topped with micro where it touches baby.

The dipe is awesome! For a PW to work for us overnight, I was having to add a Daisy Doodle soaker (added another three layers of hemp). I don't have to ad a thing to this diaper - it's usually barely damp on the outside in the mornings, but even now with her nursing 2-3 times overnight it still holds up. I use wool longies or shorties on top and we have never had a leak.

But I'll be honest - she has never soaked thru a sposie, so your super soaker is definitely in a class by herself Have you tried a sposie with your 'Crat?
Old 04-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #13
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

Location: MN, I have cats, but they don't smoke, and neither do we.

I have a heavy wetter, I night weaner her by 9 mos (bfed til 1 year) and by 1 year had to stop giving her anything to drink 2 hours before bedtime. She would soak through 2 (with both parts) hemp wonderfulls in a roo. Now, I use My little M's Nighter Dider and I don't have to run to the bathroom every morning to change her, because she is not soaked anymore. My soaker is a 3 layer tri-fold hemp french terry for a total of 9 layers of hemp (in the med and large) I also offer boosters for the wet zone to put inside the tri fold if you need extra protection. I know what you are going through, I have been there.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:24 PM   #14
roseselene
Registered Users

We have an extremely heavy wetter as well. I use a VB simply nights with the optional doubler and a happy heiny oval with a VERY well lanolized aristocrat over it. It seems like adding the extra thing to the Simply night is what did it for us....I don't know if that would help you.

Another thing you could try is a well stuffed pocket and then put that aristocrat over the pocket.

Amy
Old 04-27-2006, 09:42 PM   #15
mtietz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, mamas. Thanks for the feedback! I feel very encouraged, actually. I think I just wasn't knowing where else to turn, but I definitely have some good ideas now. . .

I'll keep ya'll updated. I am taking a little break and using sposies at night for now, but you wonderful mamas have inspired me to keep trying!!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:52 PM   #16
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, keep trying and tell us how it goes!
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #17
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hear www.clothdaddy.com has some VERY thirsty inserts. I don't know though as I don't have a kid diaper yet.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #18
ltelly00
Registered Users

Night diapering is definitely a trial of patience. I honestly can't handle the exploded sposie in the morning that weighs more than the baby and is totally soaked from armpits to knees. That's seriously how it is with sposies here. I usually use a totally stuffed fitted with a prefold in it and tons of doublers (think baby can't walk type) or a pocket covered with wool. Last night DH used an AIO and she did OK with wool over it. I lanolize my wool and leave it feeling tacky to the touch even when dry. We did use fleece pants over it sometimes during winter, but it's getting a little warm for that!
Of course, you could try my DH's 3 cover system......... It can't be comfortable, but it did seem to keep the sheets dry!
ltelly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:59 PM   #19
Blessedmommieof3
Registered Users
seller

My DS is the same way. I tried so much to keep him dry at nights. Even stalked Cloth Etc. & snagged a PW, used it under a Crat & he still leaked through.

The only thing that has helped is for him to cut back on his liquid intake at nights. Now he sleeps in a FB with a 6 layer hemp, wrapped in a MF towel and usually wakes up mostly dry. Maybe a small bit of wetness near his navel or at the legs, but not soaked like he used to be.

I feel for you, it's enough to drive a Mama totally M-A-D!!
Old 04-28-2006, 01:45 AM   #20
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I haven't put a sposie on any of my dc since we started cloth, but we had a lot of trouble with my fountain of a heavy wetter 2-year-old at night and nap. We tried every combination of fitteds and stuffins in FB. I didn't think two microfiber inserts would fit in there, so I tried everything else. But once I put in two mf inserts for nap, it worked well.

For nighttime, we use a stac fleece cover. They are so thick, especially over a thick fitted, that ds can't walk very well. BUT it holds in the pee!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote