Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2006, 02:16 AM   #21
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:
Red face Re: be honest with me . . .

Why I stalk and lurk these types of threads is beyond me... I am a guilty night sposie user. I don't have the money to keep trying alot of these methods as almost all of them require one different type of dipe/cover/insert/doubler to try. And I guess part of me just can't see how a baby could be comfortable with a huge, gargantuan, thick diaper hanging to their knees. My little one is a massive mover during her sleep so I just don't see how it would make her comfortable... but that's just me. I know, kind of a stupid thing to think about...

I will have to try again with the night cloth real soon because she just weaned from night nursing. I've noticed her sposie isn't nearly as wet as it used to be when she'd wake up so I can imagine her output isn't nearing flood proportions anymore. So at least I can try a few of the suggestions with what I do have before stalking the thread again to gather more ideas.

Advertisement

Old 04-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #22
Tyrity
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: be honest with me . . .

I've heard that firefly night time dipes are really good for heavy wetters, they're expensive though, that's one of the reasons I havent tried them for my supersoaker boys.
We're currently using tie nappies with a hemp fleece prefold trifolded and lined with a fleece lining, covered with a crat cover...so far so good with no leaks at all...I came up with this system after trying everything I could think of to prevent wet wake ups, and so far this has worked for us.
Good luck in finding something that works for you and your sweetie
Tyrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #23
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found the 'crat does need heavy lanolizing to work so you may want to try that. Also, when I cloth diaper DS, I have to use a premium prefold plus some hemp (usually either a Wonder-full with both pieces or an HH medium insert with one booster at the minimum) all pinned or snappi'd on with a 'crat or Babyology on top. I did find that a BumGenius with two Hemp Wonder-fulls did the job overnight thought the wonder-fulls were completely and totally soaked. I'd like to try some of the new bamboo stuff overnight. It seems to be very absorbent during daytime use.
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #24
Trista
Registered Users
Formerly: olive branch baby

My Mood:

ooooh, if I'd have known you had such a super-soaker. The bionic version of the VBSN instead of the standard like you had, plus a bigger size (large instead of ML), I bet would work for you.

I think more lanolizing on the 'crat too!!

I sure hope you can find something that works but don't kick yourself too hard if it has to be sposies at night. What matters most is your baby's comfort of course

Total fabric & supplies selloff going on now at: http://hyenacart.com/OBBdiapers/

Last edited by Trista; 05-19-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Trista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:25 PM   #25
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

What worked best for us was putting a handtowel inside the pocket(we only used pockets or ai2s). Then I would put my ME airflow over top. I usually used my Happy Hempy at night because it needed a cover, or my ME one size. If I needed to use a PUL pocket and she was going through a bad stage of peeing through at night I'd put the ME airflow over top. Nothing ever got through that ME cover. I used it on our 6 hour trips back home, we would stop once and she was never wet through. If I used a regular pocket there would be compression leaks. I only used that cover at night or for travelling because I hated how foamy it was, but it was great for containing leaks.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #26
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I havent used cloth at night now on about a month or so, becaseu hubby is trying to help more, and if there are sposies within 2 miles of the house, that is what she wears LOL
i cant say it is all him though. Life has been a nightmare over the last month, and i have used more sposies since i dont want to deal with laundry and all.
But we will be going back to cloth all the time.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:59 AM   #27
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with getting the next bump in VBSN. I have a super soaker at night and we have something crazy like 9 layers of hemp in one and 9 of sherpa in the other. I had them both custom made because he goes so much. They are pretty soaked in the morning but under his wool his bed is always dry. I would try that. You can always sell the one you have to make some money for the new one and then custom order and see what the new one does for you. Don't give up yet on VBSN mama! I went through so many trials of things until I found my super duper layered VBSN and I'm happy to say we've been using it for weeks with wool without problems or wetting through. Also, I agree about the bigger size. The extra rise of a large might give you that extra protection you need as well.

HTH!
Old 05-20-2006, 03:03 AM   #28
Blessedmommieof3
Registered Users
seller

Sounds just like me with my little man - a HEAVY wetter at nights. He soaked everything I tried & I gave up. The only thing that has helped is that he is now sleeping through the night, so if I can keep him from drinking too much before bed he wakes up with a pretty wet diaper, but not his clothes/bed.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:15 AM   #29
mtietz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, Trista! Thanks for the encouragement. And ALL you mamas have been so encouraging -- blesses my heart.

I have decided to just put a hold on nighttime cloth until Dace night weans. It's just the way things are for now . . . but when that day (or night, as it were) comes, I know where to go for nights - Olive Branch Baby!
Old 05-20-2006, 08:59 AM   #30
kingwooten
Registered Users

My dd pees through a sposie at night (in less than 8 hours) and the only thing that I have that will keep her from having the bed soaked is a little beetle with 2 extra hemp doublers that I put a fleece liner over and a babyology soaker. The outside is dry, but the dipe is dripping when I wake her up. Hope that you find something soon, it is such a pain to change sheets in the middle of the nite.
kingwooten is offline   Reply With Quote