Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #21
babymakes3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else have a kiddo who ONLY wants one side?!?

We're lefties too!! Its mainly my fault though. For the first maybe 2 months we nursed both sides but since he is starting to get so big I just can't seem to get him in the right postition to nurse comfortably on the right, I'm either trying constantly to get us comfortable or he keeps popping off. So he nurses on the lft during the day but at night he only nurses on the right since thats the side I sleep on. lol So it evens it out I guess.

Advertisement

babymakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #22
ribbit
Registered Users
seller

Yet another lefty here. Actually, she's mostly outgrown it and will take both. But I think she still would rather the left. I just kept offering it and pumping so it wouldn't be too engorged for her to latch onto. I think she didn't like the left because it makes more milk and lets down harder-she coughs/gags/gulps only on the right. In our case, the lefty-ness started I think because I got a really bad cracked nipple on the right in the hospital and didn't offer it until it was healed a week later.
ribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:15 AM   #23
GracieGooseSC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD #1 perferred the left side. Looks like we have a lot of lefty's here... I had an overabundance of milk, so I didn't ever have to switch and I also pumped so DH could give her one bottle a day for some daddy closeness, so I didn't have the lop sided issue. I wonder what makes babies perfer one side? Maybe it's the way we hold them?
Mamato Halee (9) Chloe (7) Dalilah (4) Jack Greyson (2) and Baby#5 due in Oct!
GracieGooseSC is offline   Reply With Quote