Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lovin our new ped !!!

A little back ground...
DH is military so when DD was born she went to a civilian off base ped for 60 days until her Tricare prime kicked in then she was to transfer to a Military on base ped.

We went today for her 4 month well baby and I was so afraid that he would be a total @$$ about things like starting solids, extended BF etc, but he was the total opposite.

He LOVES the CDs (thinks the chems are gross plus the cost), thinks that ext BF is the only way to go (think that more should do it), HATES having to give meds and actually recommends natural/homeopathic remedies, he highlt recommends babywearing (his wife did) and he even said that we "can" start her on solids but its not a "have to" thing because she is getting plenty of what she needs from BM and that solids dont have much nutritional value and all they do is teach how to get use to the texture.
He wasnt so keen on the teething necklace however because of the beads, but that was to be expected.

SO not what DH or I were expecting. We were honestly expecting to get the "She needs to be on solids because" bit, but he is so cool and has a GREAT bedside manner.

OH and he supports delayed vax which we are seriously considering even though her new ped only gives 3 shots and the oral Rotavirus (DTaP-IPV-hepB are all in 1, the Hib-PRP-OMP in 1, then the Pneumococca is sep) compared to the 6 shots at the civi ped.

So thus far Im pretty happy with the new guy !!!

Advertisement

Old 07-25-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
keikiko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lovin our new ped !!!

Very cool! As a fellow military mama I'm 100% with you about what you had expected and so glad you hear you got such a fab response from the ped! After my "run ins" with the peds in Alaska I'm boycotting! The kids are fine and we don't vax so I didn't take DS in for his 1 year and will not be taking DD in for her 3 year next month. Maybe I should reconsider after hearing your experience... nahhh. Just kidding of course I'll tell DH and see what he says... Just out of curiousity where are you?
Old 07-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #3
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keikiko View Post
Very cool! As a fellow military mama I'm 100% with you about what you had expected and so glad you hear you got such a fab response from the ped! After my "run ins" with the peds in Alaska I'm boycotting! The kids are fine and we don't vax so I didn't take DS in for his 1 year and will not be taking DD in for her 3 year next month. Maybe I should reconsider after hearing your experience... nahhh. Just kidding of course I'll tell DH and see what he says... Just out of curiousity where are you?
Charelston AFB, SC.

We have Maj. Lane. Hes an actual Ped and not just family practice. We had to have a Ped instead of FP because she was born with a heart murmur and was jaundice otherwise it would have been FP.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:06 PM   #4
keikiko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE Charleston! We lived there when I was little. We're in Tucson now.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
slomom
Registered Users

My Mood:

It's awesome that your ped's the way he is.

I'm a civi (former Navy/Army brat. Dad was in Nuclear and Signal Corps), and my daughter's ped is rarely at the office, thinks I'm nuts for my parenting ways, etc.
I wish my DD's ped was like yours!

I'll stop pouting.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im really excited about it. Our other ped was pro BF, but not for extended and thought that BWing, CDing was crazy.

Oh and I almost forgot.... the new one is pro co-sleeping too !!!