Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #11
MammaLee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Dh and his bad language

I am def. the one with potty mouth around here! You would think nearly 5 years out of the military and 3 kids later I would have cleaned it up, but noooo! It's really bad when I get comfortable around people, the F word comes out like every other word, and people just look at me, and I get sooo emabaressed! Gah, I wish I could erase that word from my vocab!

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 PM   #12
guysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fither View Post
this can be a hard thing mama

my husband and i used to curse freely before jack was born, as he became more aware though, we knew we needed to curb it. we just made a "cursing jar" and every time anybody said a curse word, it was a quarter in the jar, the F-bomb is 50 cents. any comments that are degrading to another human (said TOTALLY in a joking manner, we don't make a habit of degradation!) such as comments on someone's weight, anything racial in nature, or if someone were to say "that's retarded" is $5.00 in the jar. i take those things very seriously. my little brothers live in our home as well, so i had to take into account things that they would say to influence him.
Yep this is what I have just started in our house. Our oldest nephew is with us a lot (he is actually planning on moving in with us) and he cusses sooooo much and so bad. He also uses a few other words that I forbid be used in our home. He and his friends all say them jokingly to each other and I can't stand it. So now any word that I deem a "bad word" means 50 cents in DS piggy bank. I will not have his first "real" word be the "f-bomb" LOL I sound so stern, but degrading words/curse words are such a waste!!! I was raised in a home that taught "people who use profanity do so because they aren't smart enough to use other words"
guysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #13
smom1976
Registered Users

My Mood:

bad da da !!
Old 07-28-2007, 01:05 AM   #14
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a Christian and have a potty mouth, I hate to admit. My mom hates it. I don't know what to say. When we had DD1, we had no idea she would catch on to potty words so fast. When she was only 18months, she told my mom she was going to kick her @ss. I don't know where she even picked it up from. None of my kids swear. Around me anyway. They know it's wrong. I get scoldings from them all the time.

haynmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #15
partyof6
Registered Users
Formerly: KELLY4W
seller

My Mood:

My DH smokes, dranks, yells,and says very bad things in frount of my kids!
I was not raised like that nor will my kids!
I try to teach my kids not to do these things but its so hard he is like its my house I can do what I want.
I hope he will change one day or I will have to ask him to leave but for now he pays the bills and I have no money!
Yes please what can you do?

He is not always bad but most days he is so mean.
Hes will not smoke inside hes go's out back!! We have 2 with athsma.