Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2007, 06:05 AM   #1
colormetura
Registered Users
seller

Help with diaper fit

I am new to CD and am having trouble finding the right fit for ds. He is almost 9 months, about 18.5 lbs and has a long torso. My instinct is that the ones I've tried are too small but he falls well within the medium weight limits and since I'm new to cloth, I'm not sure exactly how they should fit ...

They are all snapped somewhere between the next to last setting and the largest setting. All of the dipes I have are leaving red marks on his legs. So far I have tried FB, FF, bg2.0 and Bummis Snap Covers - all med. This morning he had a rash around his legs from the bg2.0 that he wore last night (which is also opened to the highest setting - when I snap it down it's just too tight).

So does this mean I should move up to a larger size? Or should I just keep trying different brands? Any suggestions on which ones? If it makes a difference, ds is a VERY active baby (he just took his first step yesterday... I'm not ready for this! )

Thanks for your help! Ds's bum appreciates it!

Edited for pics!

In a Bummis cover - the waist gapes when I put it on this setting but any tighter and his legs are all red ...

In a FB

from the back - looks plenty big from back here to me!

(And just because

THANK YOU!!

Grrr ... pics turned out smaller than I wanted and don't have time to figure out how to get bigger ones now - hope this helps!

Advertisement

Last edited by colormetura; 07-27-2007 at 09:08 AM.
colormetura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:14 AM   #2
momma2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help with diaper fit

Okay, it's not worthless without pics, but it will really help up help you! Do you have any pictures of your son's thigh area? How big are his thighs? My daughter was having this same problem, she's 16 months old and 22 pounds, so she's skinny, but has chubbier thighs. Fuzzi bunz were not working, bg 2.0's left marks, etc. When she was 9 months old I switched to larges because of her thighs and went back to mediums as her thighs thinned out from crawling/walking and am now back to larges. Don't be afraid to try different sizes and brands. i would definitely try different brands too. The Blueberry diapers are the best fit for my daughter. I bought large minky pockets from them and they run a little smaller to it's an inbetweenish size from medium and large and fit her thighs wonderfully. Also maybe try fitteds? I just decided to try wool and fitteds and the crickett fitteds are are suberb fit with absolutely no red marks I will be trying a swaddlebees pocket on her this morning (if she ever wakes up) and can report back on that.

But the main thing is every brand diaper fits different body sizes different (us women should know that a size 4 gap is not the same size 4 at Boston Store--believe me--and they will fit every size 4 differently).

So if you put a pic of your little one (not necesssarily in a diaper, but if we can see his thighs...so a pic in some shorts or just a diaper) then mamas with a baby that's got a similar body type can chime in and give you better recommendations then us just telling you more brands.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:22 AM   #3
colormetura
Registered Users
seller

bumped for pics!
colormetura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I think you should give a medium-long side snap a try, doesn't look like fs is working for his body type. m/l will give you -1+1/2" more rise and ss is trimmer overall. You might try GAD's, I believe she has m/l in her instock store. HTH!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

They all look very big on him, maybe he should not be in a large! I dunno, what would work. You may just have to experiment with different brands to find the right fit you like. I also love the blueberry's they don't seem so bulky but are also as the other mama said they are a little smaller than a reg large so the fit is perfecto!!!
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:52 AM   #6
princesslilahsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

he looks like he has big thighs and a small waist so you might want to try a side snap dipe like gads?
princesslilahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #7
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had two very chunky legged babies and my biggest problem was finding a dipe that would allow for the giant thighs and belly without red marks and still keep everything *in*, so I went for aplix. that way I can adjust the fit as he needs - snaps are too rigid in sizing for my boys.
Good luck!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:47 AM   #8
momma2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay! Thanks for the pics. He is a lot like my dd. I would try the blueberry large and the swaddlebee large. They are fitting my dd really well. I put the bottom thigh snap in the loosest setting and the top waist on the tightest and it's going great. Fuzzi bunz have 2 snaps, but the fit was never right and it left marks. You can also try Happy Heiny's they don't have encased elastic, it's really hidden well so my dd did better on those too, I just wasn't that fond of them so I searched for something different.

I just bought one diaper of about 5 different kinds and tried them out for about a week and picked from that. It really helped me quicker to find something that fit her better!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:48 AM   #9
dvrgrl38
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree with a snapping diaper, as long as there are two rows of snaps so you can adjust the thigh seperater from the waist. Also, a medium-Long sounds perfect for him. Try to go by measurements for a diaper rather than a weight range.

ISO: 1 skein Bear and pants no sleep til Brooklyn
dvrgrl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #10
fsufan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you are gonna stick w/ fitted, pocket and AIO's I'd go with a Large.
Bum-ware makes a great pocket and AIO.. Izzy is a dream to work with and ships SUPER fast. Her prices are awesome too.... But Pf's and wool covers maybe be a better choice for you. They would def be more comfy on his legs.My Maddie has chubby legs and that's one reason I switched to pf's. Not to meation they are so much cheaper than buying a $14+ dipe .